Friday, January 18, 2008
A lot going on!
Well last night was one of those nights where you aren't sure you are going to be the best mom when it comes to sick kids. At about 1:30 this morning David and I were awaken to the sound of Dutch throwing up in his crib. We run in there to find him throwing up in his sleep. It was just so gross. David got there first so he picked him up and I told him to take him to the bathroom and put him in the tub. On the way there we both got thrown up on, although David did get the worst of that one. David went to clean himself up, while I tried to get Dutch cleaned up, but by this point our bath tub is now covered and I am dry heaving. (I am hoping that once I am no longer pregnant I will be able to handle the situation better however at this stage in my pregnancy, I have to say, David handles it a lot better than I do.) Anyways we finally get him cleaned up and put him in bed with us. About 45 minutes later it starts all over again, although not as bad. After we get Dutch cleaned up and settled, David and I lay back down and I tell him that this now gives me new found respect and love for my mom. One of us kids and I really mean my sister Stormy was pretty much throwing up all the time growing up. And it just made me think of all the times my mom went through what we were going through last night (thanks mom, I appreciate you on a different level I didn't know existed). I also felt so bad for my poor little baby. Its the first time he has ever gotten so sick. And I have to say it just breaks my heart for him. So hopefully this bug will past through his system quickly and he can be back to his healthy, happy self again. (Don't worry I won't post any pictures of this one.)
Last week was Dutch's 15 month well check with his doctor. I had a feeling that she was going to be concerned about his weight gaining. I kind of figured that he hadn't gained any weight in the last three months and he hadn't gained any at his last visit either. So I knew she would have something to say about that. Well I was right, but not only has he not gained weight he has actually lost a few ounces, which was a cause for concern. I told her that I try my hardest to get him to eat, but I just have no success. So she asked me if I let him feed himself, I told her nope not yet, I am a little bit of a neat freak for that, I can't image the mess he'd make. So she told me I have to let him feed himself. Wow, let me just tell you what, that is very hard for me. I like my house tidy and clean, I don't like messes, but I want Dutch to be healthy and eating more, so I have been letting him feed himself and it is Messy! It definitely takes me a lot longer to clean my kitchen up after a meal, but low and behold, my doctor is right, he does eat a lot more when he has control and is feeding himself. And come to find out, its actually really cute to watch him attempt to feed himself and miss his mouth completely, it might be a lot more messy but I am actually enjoying the new phase. We even got him a new chair for sitting at the table. I was getting really tired of the bulky highchair in the kitchen, and I wanted to be able to store it away for a few months before our little girl needs to use it. So I got Dutch one of those chairs that hooks on to the end of the table and guess what, he loves it. I am constantly finding him whining in the kitchen wanting to just sit in his chair, which is fine by me. So over the past couple of days since we have gotten it, that is where he spends a lot of his time.
Here is a picture of him eating a yogurt and scrambled eggs. I know the picture doesn't really show oh messy he was, but believe me, he was a mess. And this is his new chair.
Since I started doing coupons again, I was able to get a good restock on our cereal. We were running really low. Davids favorite is lucky charms, so I bought a bunch of those. Well come to find out they are Dutch's favorite as well. Although he only eats the marshmallows. We had a box of lucky charms that was completely void of marshmallows after Dutch was done with it. And he found the box the other day and decided to pour himself some. Oh the things these sweet kids do.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
It is hard to relinquish control of your house.. and let your kids make a mess. I know.. I am a neat freak too. ;) As they get older, they'll start destroying stuff too.. learning to draw on everything, sneak into your nail polish, etc...I hate to say it, but honey.. those kids are gonna break you like wild horses. ;)
Way to let go! It is amazing to see what happens as we mommies learn to let go! Way to go Breezy! See what I mean at my blog...
Hey Breezy! Just found you through Michelle Call...YEAH!
Oh I remember having a hard time letting Breckyn make messes of any sort...that will all go out the door for you in a couple months. ;)
Great job though...I wouldn't have conformed so quickly!
Hey Breeay!
Found ya by blog hopping. :-) Your site is cute... I have one too. Come and visit! www.schendiersrus.blogspot.com
Keep in touch!
Brandi (Cozzens) Schneider
Hey Breezy-
It is so funny how you can find everyone through there blogs. That is so exciting that you are expecting a baby girl! Any ways this is a great way to keep in touch with people. You will have to check out my family blog. http://michaelandsarahtrujillo.blogspot.com
Sarah (Smith) Trujillo
Post a Comment