Saturday, May 8, 2010
Talli had her one month well check the other day. She seems like she is getting so big so fast. She is already wearing 0-3 months clothes, which I know is normal but Maylee didn't wear them until she was at least two months. Talli's stats are...
weight 10.2 50-75 %
height 22 inches 50-75%
Maylee weighed 10.1 at her two month well check, so I'm thinking Talli might not be super petite like Maylee was. But then again Maylee was born 2 1/2 weeks earlier than Talli. Regardless Talli is so beautiful, I can't get enough of her. I just love her to pieces. It's funny how before she came I hoped I would love another little girl as much as I do Maylee and I definitely do. I feel that same overwhelmingness (I know that isn't really a word) of love for her.
I took the kids to the splash pad for the first time this season on Wednesday. Dutch loved it. We met up with some friends there and Dutch just ran off with his buddies and never looked back. He had a blast playing in the water. Maylee on the other hand would not leave my side. She has been in this really shy stage for a long time now. Not at home. At home she wants nothing to do with me but as soon as we leave the house and are around other people she is stuck to my side like glue and won't go off and play. So I would take her over to the water and try and get her to play but she did not want to get wet. Silly girl. Although I really couldn't blame her, because even though it was 90 degrees outside it was pretty windy which made you really cold once you got wet. It didn't slow Dutch down, but after about an hour of it he was finally cold enough that he wanted to just run in the grass.
All of us at the splash pad...
When we got home from the splash pad Dutch and Talli passed out, they were exhausted from being in the sun and having so much fun.
Maylee of course missed her nap window and would not go to sleep. She held strong until bed time and then went out like a light once she was in her crib.
And of course I fried while hanging out outside, and not only did I fry myself but Dutch and Maylee's arms looked just like mine. I borrowed sunscreen from a friend because of course I forgot to buy some and put it on their faces but I didn't think to do are arms. And man did it hurt.
I started doing P90X again. I started two weeks ago. So I have two weeks down and only eleven more to go (not that I'm counting or anything). The kids have been really cute when I work out. They love to work out with me. They try and do all the stretches, they lift weights and do wall squats. It's pretty adorable. One day I was doing chair dips and when I stood up Maylee used the chair and did some herself. It was so cute.
Dutch is still in love with Talli and loves to talk to her and hold her. He is such a good big brother. If only he was as nice to Maylee as he is to Talli.
And Maylee is still just as cute and ornery as ever. Her Grandma bought her this skirt and Maylee loves to wear it. She would wear it every day if I let her. Sometimes I have to hide it just so I can wash it. And she loves to dance while wearing her favorite skirt. Cute girl!
For Christmas Grandma bought Dutch a Leap Pad game but he was still a little to young for it and it would frustrate him, so in order to save the thing from being thrown we put it away until he was older and could use it correctly. David got it out the other day for him and he LOVES it. I'm thinking we are going to have to make some video game rules around here because all he wants to do is play his game. But he is really good about letting Maylee watch him play and they look pretty cute sitting close together playing.
And last but not least we moved almost all of the kids toys upstairs to their room because we were sick and tired of the mess downstairs. So now the downstairs stays a whole lot cleaner and we aren't constantly stepping on toys down there anyways, now they have taken over are entire upstairs and the stair case. We just can't win. Why is it that the toys have taken over our lives?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I miss them so much. they're so cute...I can't beleive how big Talli is.
I'm just itching to hold that little baby!!! And Savannah is definitely itching to play with Dutch and Maylee. I should have never told her that she would see them in a week... that's like eternity! Cute kiddos!
Post a Comment