Monday, July 16, 2012

Idaho/Montana

While I was at girls camp Fawn and Dawn drove up through Vegas on their way to the cabin in Idaho and picked up Dutch, Maylee and Talli. This was going to be the first time I was ever away from my kids for longer than 24 hours and I was feeling pretty anxious about it. If they were staying at my house while I was at girls camp it would have been no big deal, but they were taking my kiddos so far away. The cabin is a 12 hour drive from my house. And I wasn't going to see them for an entire 7 days. 
But the kids were excited and I knew they would be well taken care of. They picked up the kids at about 10am on Sunday and I surprised myself my sobbing when they drove away. I thought I would have held it together better.
I got home from girls camp on Thursday, then Friday David and I drove down to AZ for my dad's wedding (more on that later) and drove back to Henderson on Saturday. Sunday morning I woke up way to early to catch my flight to Idaho Falls. Jeremy picked me up at the airport and we had some good conversations on the 2 hour drive to the cabin.  I was so excited to see my kids but I was afraid Talli would not like me and be ticked at me for abandoning her for a week, I knew Dutch and Maylee were old enough to be fine. 

When we drove up Dawn had Maylee and Talli standing there holding a sign that said we missed you. I jumped out of the van ran over to the girls, knelt down and grabbed them in a big hug. And Talli started bawling, it was so precious to see how much she missed me. And then I stood up with her in my arms and she leaned over to Aunt Dawn and didn't want me again. So sad, at least I expected it and she warmed up to me pretty quickly the next day. I was most surprised by Maylee, she was my shadow for the next few days, she didn't want to leave my sight. And Dutch acted like he had just seen me two hours earlier.

The kids and I then spent the next week at the cabin playing with Dawn and Jeremy's family. Monday we drove through Yellowstone Park, it was about an 7 hour drive, I'm guessing. We saw some tourist sights, gorgeous views, tons and tons of buffalo, 3 black bears and some elk.

We got ice cream several times in town, rode quads, I played a lot of Pool with Austin, and lost a lot. Had some great quality bonding times with Dawn and Austin at midnight trying to catch a mouse, you had to be there it was hilarious. Saw the movie Brave, ate lots of junk food, rafted down the river, watched the Muppet movie more times than most people should watch it in their life time. Lots of great conversations with Dawn and Jeremy. Some feet detoxing, naps and good ol' relaxation. It really was a great week. 

Thanks Dawn and Jeremy for letting us crash in on your vacation.
At Yellowstone Park, watching the geysers.




A little hike to see a Waterfall







The kids got to ride horses one day. Although Maylee was terrified and would not go near a horse. Which completely surprised me and the biggest surprise of all was that Dutch jumped right on. 


Our trips to the Ice Cream Parlor








These are my feet when Connie was detoxing them.



The girls all fell asleep watching the movie while I was detoxing my feet. 

       We stopped in Salt Lake on the way home. We walked around the temple, toured the Conference center and grabbed some lunch. Best part was that Noah was able to meet me for lunch and visit for a little bit. 






No comments: