Saturday, September 29, 2012





On Wednesday evening Maylee was telling me that she really wanted to be the leader some day at school. (Each day a new kid is assigned to be the leader, they get to hold the flag and be the first in line). I told her she would get a turn one day. Well... when I was checking her out on Thursday after class her teacher said to me that Maylee got to be the leader and that she would probably enjoy telling me about it. As soon as Maylee came to the door she said "I got to the be the leader today." It made her teacher laugh. On the drive home she said to me so seriously, "Mom why do you think I got to be the leader today?" so I replied, "Probably because you are such a good leader." To which she said, "No that's not it, (long pause) I think I got to be the leader today because I'm so pretty!" I couldn't help but laugh at how factually and innocently she stated that. I wouldn't never say that I'm some terrific Mom, but I have to admit I feel like I am doing something right when my little girl doesn't even hesitate to say she is pretty. I hope she always feels pretty and comfortable in her own skin. Because she truly is one Beautiful girl!

No comments: