Thursday, February 14, 2008

Dutch's new antics

Well Dutch is certainly starting to get into a lot more things latetly. I have found him doing some of the funniest things. The other day I was in my bathroom putting something away and when I walked out into my bedroom I found Dutch sitting in the bottom drawer of my dresser. That was a brand new thing. Usually he opens it up and pulls everything out but I guess he decided he should just sit in it. It was really cute. But I had to get him out of it pretty quickly because the drawer isn't strong enough to hold that kind of weight. Then the other night David, Dutch and I were all in the kitchen. Dutch has always loved to play with my pots and pans. He usually pulls them all out of the cupboard and then gets a big spoon and cooks and stirs with me. Well the other night he decided to sit in the big pot. Now he is way to big for even our biggest pot. So all he was able to do by himself was to put his feet in there. Then his dad helped him out with the rest. Dutch has also started to show a lot more interest in the toilet, another thing I am not super thrilled about. But oh well what can you do. Well today Dutch comes crying to me. So I tell him to show me what he wants, so he walks into the bathroom, (and I know he had a little match box car) well guess where I found it. In the toilet. He was very upset that he couldn't get it back out. And he learned how to climb up onto the couch all by himself. So now he gets up on the couch and runs back and fourth and freaks me out. He has already fallen off on his head once, so I am trying to teach him that the couch is for sitting on, not running on. Good luck to me. We have been working really hard to get Dutch to eat more food and gain weight but we have been having no such luck. He has been struggling really badly with allergies for the past three weeks which has really decreased his appetite. And then he is just such a hard kid to get him to eat anything. Usually all he wants is just a carnation shake and thats it, he won't eat hardly any solids, its very frustrating, but I guess if he gets hungry enough he will finally eat right??? Well then today being Valentines day his grandma sent him a Valentines with two dollars in it for him to get an ice cream cone. So David and I took him out for ice cream and afterwards David wanted to stop and get him some chicken nuggets. (I know we did that in the wrong order but hey its a holiday.) So we get him some nuggets and French fries. Let me just tell you what, I have now realized that its not a matter of letting him get hungry enough, its a matter of offering him just the right meal, because he completely devoured all of his food. So he had that for lunch and then his dad took him back for dinner and got him a cheese burger and more fries. And he ate almost all of that. His dad is creating a monster. Well we are certainly not going to be doing that very ofter but now we know that he is actually capable of eating solid foods. I had my 36 week check today. I went in there with the thought that nothing was going to have happened, don't get your hopes up you still have 4 weeks to go. But secretly I was hoping that I would be dilated to maybe a two. I am so ready to have her and not be pregnant for a while. First of all this past week my bones have been hurting so badly, I didn't have that with Dutch, so I was just trusting everyone when they say that my body is just getting ready. So that is what was making me hope that maybe I would have some dilation. Well when the doctor checked me, the first thing she said was, wow the baby's head is right there, she's dropped. And then.... the next thing she said was..... drum roll please.... you are dilated to a 4 almost 5 and I am 80% effaced. Yeepee!!!!! I was not expecting that at all. I think I almost cried I was so excited. I wanted to jump up and hug her for giving me such good news. However I do still have 4 weeks to go. So they would like me to keep inside for another week. Which I totally and completely agree, I don't want my baby born 4 weeks early, that to me is too early and scary. So I am going to try not to go into labor for another week. But after next week, if I make it that far, I will start trying for the labor. But now I don't feel prepared at all, I keep thinking of everything I was planning on getting done before she came, b/c I still had four weeks. Well now according to my doctor I'll be lucky to make it another 2 weeks. So now I actually feel a little overwhelmed and starting tomorrow I have a list of things to get done. Starting with packing my hospital bag. Here is a picture of me taken today at 36 weeks.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, that is exciting news...you will love having two little muchkins it is so much fun. That's also great you have found food that Dutch likes. Good luck with the baby and take it easy this next week. By the way, you look beautiful!!!

sarah said...

Little boys are so funny and you are so cute pregnant!

Stacy said...

I guess you will have to take advantage of the frozen chicken nugget and fries deals with coupon sense now :-)
and again... SO excited that you are gonna actually go into labor this time (cause you wan to) and that your baby girl will be coming so soon!!!

Brandi Jo said...

Boys are lots of fun! :-) You look really good! Hang in there and relax the next little while. That is neat that you will have a boy and a girl. You'll have to let me know what girls are like. Ha ha...

Kim's just sayin' said...

You look great! I know exactly how you feel about not being ready but make sure you take it easy because anything can push you into labor when your that far along!!! Good luck and let us know when she comes. Dutch is so cute by the way.

Anonymous said...

Hey Breezy! I ran across your blog through Stacy's...very cute. It was great running into you at the Dr. and seeing you soo excited:) Take it easy this week, let me know if you need anything. Talk to you soon.

Britt said...

oh my gosh! yay!! she's almost here! I just feel the excitement for you... I love knowing the baby's arrival is SO close. I agree with everyone.. take it easy girl! You look absolutely beautiful too.

Britt said...

oh one more thing.. I think my body ached more and more with every pregnancy. It was like every time my body was like, "Crap.. not this again!" .. so something to look forward to!

Carroll Farm said...

Hey- I never even dialated that far- I only made it to a 2 before they did a c-section. Are you going to BE at the baby shower on Sat? We should be there, I will end up bringing the girls with me. Hope all goes well.
Brittany - Can I have access to your blog?!? Come and visit our site..
Lacy

Carbonneau said...

Kathy sent us some pics...just wanted to say CONGRATS! SHE is adorable...and has hair like all girls deserve!!! (Im pretty jealous Breezy, way to go!) -Kati

The Bradfields said...

Hey guys! Ann just called and told me your happy news!! Congratulations!! That is so exciting! I'm glad everything is going well and the baby is healthy. I'm anxious to see pictures! Hope all is well-- it's freezing in Idaho!
Jessica (David's cousin)