Friday, March 21, 2008

Cousins

Some of my greatest childhood memories our playing with my cousins. My bothers, Stormy and I absolutely loved our cousins. We would get so super excited when they would come to visit or we would go visit. I can remember us waiting out by the road watching every car that would past by hoping that with each car it would be our cousins arriving (my aunt Lisa was always late, so we would get overly anxious). Anyways those are some of my most cherished memories. Well last Sunday David and I went over to my parents house for dinner and Seth and Tara were there with their boys. Now I just love watching Dutch play with Maxx and Jace because he just loves them so much. While we were at our parents house we just open the back door and let the boys go out to play. After awhile I couldn't see them out the window anymore so I went out to see what they were up to. And I found them playing on a trailer that my dad has out there. And it just melted my heart to see them out there playing together and having so much fun. It just makes me so happy that Dutch has cousins his age that he can play with and hopefully one day these days of him playing with his cousins will be some of his best memories as well. Then after the boys came in they were all playing in the house together. At my parents house they have a built in entertainment center I guess you could call it. Anyways it has a little sit type thing in front and then the fireplace the TV are right there. My Dad has flat screen TV and the boys are always playing up there. And we are constantly having to tell them to not touch the TV. But then Jace and Dutch kept trying to see behind it and it just looked so cute watching them tip toe to get a good look back behind there. It was getting late and Dutch was so dirty from playing with the boys and so I said "well it looks like you need a bath." Apparently I said the magic word. I had no idea the effect that word would have on Maxx and Jace. The instance I said bath, Maxx said I want to take and bath and then he just started striping and Jace then joined right in. So I got to give the boys a bath. I then got a shower myself. Those boys soaked me pretty good with all the splashing that three little boys playing in the tub can do. But it was a lot of fun. I just love my nephews so much and I am so glad that Dutch gets to live near his cousins. I truly hope that he will be able to always have a great relationship with them and that they can be the best of friends.

2 comments:

Cindy Carroll said...

those pictures are so cute...good job....these boys will love the memories..and one day it will melt your heart when they're all grown up and you hear them all talking and reminiscing....you will wonder where your babies went to...trust me...:)

Stormy and Spenser said...

My nephews are so cute! I hope my kids all have cousins their age!