Friday, April 3, 2009

Yesterday my friend and I took the kids to the Children's Museum of Phoenix. Dutch has always enjoyed going and loves playing there. But he is my wanderer, he gets distracted so easy and just wanders off and freaks me out. There has been a couple of times that took us a few minutes to find him, where I was just sure someone must have taken him. It is the worst feeling in the world. Well yesterday was the most different day than any day we have had there so far. He was entertained and played extremely well and never once wandered off. It was great. There is a little grocery store there, with tiny carts and registers. It's adorable. Now normally when we go there Dutch loves to push the cart but I am constantly having to herd him back into the store because he just wanders off into the hall. But yesterday he had a blast in the store. It was the first time that he really used his imagination and just played for a long time. He kept filling up his cart with food and then he would go to the checkout stand and check it out and ring it up. He played in there like that for forty five minutes. It was amazing. And it was so fun to watch him really just use his imagination. My baby is growing up. He didn't even want to leave. Savannah and I had to convince him to go play in a different area. Later in the day we were hanging out in the three and under room and same thing Dutch just played and kept himself entertained. There is a little play house in there with just a kitchen inside. Maylee sat at the kitchen table and Dutch was cooking things on the stove and then he would pretend to pour things in the sink and then he took the dishes over to the table and would sit down next to Maylee and hand her a dish and say, "Here Mayner, eat". It was so cute. I just stood there watching and smiling, it was so adorable.
For lunch, Jenny and I have been taking the kids outside lately and enjoying the wonderful weather. We were all sitting at a picnic table and Jenny was sitting across from me and both Dutch and Savannah were sitting on my side of the table. Pretty soon this pigeon came under the table and was eating the food that the kids kept dropping. He was sticking close to Jenny's side of the table but Dutch and Savannah were just fascinated watching the bird eat the food. Well the pigeon came right over next to Dutch and I think it kind of scared Dutch and so all of the sudden Dutch just kicked it right in the head. I couldn't help but laugh and say "Oh Dutch, don't kick the bird." But it was pretty funny. And the dumb bird didn't even fly away, it just stayed there and kept eating. And it got kicked hard.
So the this morning I told Dutch to tell Daddy about when he kicked the bird. I wasn't even sure if he remembered but he ran right over to Daddy and he said, "I kicked the bird." And then kicked really big to show him how. It was so cute and funny, that we both laughed. Well since Dutch got such a great reaction out of it he told us over and over again that he "Kicked the bird." And would then kick. Even tonight at my parents house he kept telling Mimi, Grandpa and Uncle Seth. Well this one time he was telling Grandpa the story but when he kicked in the air, he kicked with such force that he fell down on his tush. It was so funny, we all got a really big laugh out of that one.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It's come to my attention lately that Dutch is afraid of heights. Just out of the blue, terrified of heights but only when his diaper is being changed. The other day a bunch of my friends and I were at the park for playgroup and Dutch had a poopy diaper. No big deal, I just grabbed a diaper and wipes and took him over to a bench to clean him up. Well as soon as I laid him down on the bench he started freaking out. He just started crying and saying, "I fall down" over and over again. So I kept telling him that I wouldn't let him fall down but he apparently didn't believe me b/c it didn't' stop him from crying. But then he grabs my shirt and holds on tight and says, "I gotch you Mommy." It was really weird but I didn't give it much thought afterwards, I just figured it was from laying on a park bench, you know, something new. But then a couple of days after that we were getting my car washed and same thing he needed a diaper change, so I took him into the restroom and laid him down on the changing table and he just starts screaming "I fall down, I fall down." It's so weird. And he does it at home now too, on his own changing table. So now I just try to lay him down on the floor because he is so terrified to be up high while his diaper is being changed. But the funniest thing is when he grabs my shirt and screams "I gotch you Mommy." Thinking that will save him from falling. It's very adorable.

1 comment:

jadie said...

oh.. okay now the bird thing makes sense! so funny.. good job dutch you get that bird! i must say though i love the jumping you were doing tonight dutch you can get so high! we were very impressed!! love you guys! it was so fun to see you!!