Tuesday, September 29, 2009
Last Saturday I am sitting on the couch and David is standing at the fridge getting something out of it. He says to me to come and look at something. I asked if he could please just bring it to me. He tells me no and then says you probably shouldn't look anyways it will just gross you out. So of course my curiousity is peaked now. But I am just thinking that it's probably something that got pushed to the back of the fridge and is moldy now. But I get up to look anyways. And there on my brand new raspberries that I had just bought is a caterpillar crawling around. Yep that is pretty gross, so I just tell David to get rid of it and then I go back into the living room. About 15 minutes later I get up to find something to eat. When I walked into the kitchen I happened to glance at the window and I see a raspberry sitting behind the blinds. I figured Dutch must have put it there but I still asked out loud, "Why is there a raspberry in the window." And I am not lying, exaggerating or making this up at all, this is David's response, "The caterpillar was cold so I am just letting him warm up in the sun." WHAT!!! Are you kidding me? That was pretty much my response too. And then I tell David that I don't see the caterpillar anywhere. So he comes over to investigate. He starts looking everywhere for it and can't find it and then he picks up the raspberry and says , "oh he just crawled back inside." I told him, "for being a medical student you aren't always very bright." I then said if you are that attached to the caterpillar and don't want to kill it please let it go outside rather then in the window. So then he released it into the wild. I swear he does some pretty weird things. But this just about topped them all.
David had Monday off of school due to a Jewish holiday. So we took the kids to the MGM hotel to see the lions. We also took them during feeding time. Now in my mind when they say it is time to feed the lions, I am thinking that they are going to drop a huge chuck of meat in there and we can watch them go out it. Nope. Two workers come in to the lion's habitat and they each have a pound of meat in their hands. They get the lions attention and then one lion follows each worker and the guys throw the meat onto the window that we are standing 12 inches away from and we get to watch the lion eat it off of the glass. It was so cool. And they feed some of the meat right out of there hands to the lion, they just lick it off of their hands. Talk about putting a lot of trust into those lions. It was way cool to watch those guys interact with them. Dutch really loved it, it kept his attention the entire time, Maylee not so much. It's definitely worth checking out if ever you are in Vegas. Also there was a huge long line of people waiting for something. So I went to check it out. You can take you picture with the lion cub sitting on your lap. It is so cool. I definitely want to do that before we move.

This is literally how close I was. My camera wasn't zoomed at all. I actually had to hold my camera back a little bit.

Maylee lately has become obsessed with blankets. If there is a blanket within her reach she is going to have it wrapped around her no matter how hot it is. She looks super adorable wrapped up in them, trying to walk all over the house.

I took the kids to the Museum the other day with a friend and when we got back both the kids had completely zonked in the car. I did not feel like toting them both up the stairs so I let them take a nap on the couch.
Dutch has really started to enjoy coloring. Which I think is great and I love hanging his pictures on the fridge. The only real problem is Maylee wants to color with Dutch as well. But Dutch only wants to use markers so therefore so does Maylee. Needless to say it is a good thing a got washable ones but it still stresses me out.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
the coloring is so fun but can be stressful. I have found the dollar store has so amazing cleaning products for getting crayon off plastic (you know our little table, completely covered in black crayon).
I can't believe how grown up Maylee is. She looks a lot like you.
And I was so worried you were going to say one of you kids ate the raspberry with the caterpiller in it. ick.
ps. I miss our park days.
so funny about the caterpiller.. david is a sweetheart:) so concerned about the caterpillers well being! the lions are way cool.. i bet that was fun to watch.. fun to go see something new.. the kids look adorable.. so big.. i love the picture of them sleeping on the couch! they are cute little buddies! give them big hugs, watch out for those caterpillers and know we love and miss you! hope you guys are all doing well!!!
that caterpillar thing is so funny. lol. i love those little moments in life.
Post a Comment