Sunday, September 20, 2009
On Thursday David and I celebrated our 5th year anniversary. I really can't believe that we have already reached our 5 year mile stone. It has gone by so quickly. I remember being young and it seemed to take forward to get to summer break or my next birthday. Now things are flying by so fast sometimes I feel like I can't keep up. To celebrate our anniversary, David went to school all day and I went shopping with the kids and bought me some much needed craft supplies and then spent the rest of the day taking care of the kids. Once David got out of school we went out to dinner as a family. Yep no romance there. I guess that is what living out of state, going to medical school and two kids will get you on your anniversary. We already had to get a babysitters twice this week and I didn't want to ask again. So we headed off to Applebees since that is a more kid tolerant environment. So we spent our dinner trying to keep the kids entertained and trying to keep their voices down. It was a splendid anniversary dinner :) We laughed the entire time about where five years had gotten us. We never imaged us living out of state and with two very energetic kids. When I signed up for kids I had signed up for the quiet, well behaved ones. Someone got my order wrong. But we still managed to enjoy ourselves although I did let David know that I thought on our fifth anniversary we would be on a vacation together, just the two of us, possibly a cruise.
The best part of the week though was that David had Friday off of school. There are big perks to going to a Jewish established school. Even though there is only one Jewish kid in the entire class the school still honors all Jewish holidays and non Jewish Holidays. And come to find out, there are a lot of Jewish Holidays in the Fall. So Davids first Friday off we took the kids to the Park and let Dutch practice riding his bike and then that evening we headed over to the Strip and took Dutch and Maylee on a tram ride. Since Dutch is so into trains right now we figured he would love to ride on a train and he did. Afterwards we ate dinner at the Rainforest Cafe at the MGM Hotel. The restaurant is cool and the kids loved it but the food is definitely not as good as it costs. Then we wanted to walk through the Lion Habitat but it was closing by the time we got to it. It is just a tunnel that you walk though made of glass and you get to walk right through the Lions home. We missed it being open by a couple of minutes, they already had the Lions put up for the night so we will definitely be heading back for that one day.
On Saturday we headed to the park again and took a picnic lunch. We spent a much needed few hours soaking up the sun and playing together. I haven't gotten the kids to the park much lately and since our backyard sucks here they never go outside. So they needed to get some good Vitamin D in some how. Although I think David and I were the most affected by being outside. By the time we got home from the park we were exhausted. So we spent the afternoon relaxing and then later that evening we headed over to the Airport. They have a parking lot right outside the landing strip where you can just sit and watch the planes land and takeoff. It is so awesome. I think David and I enjoyed it more then Dutch did. It was so fun to just sit on the car and watch the planes land. And I was amazed at how many people came. The parking lot is always more then 2/3rds full. Next time we will get some pizza and bring games and make a family night of it.
Dutch is going through a new phase right now. He screams cheese for the camera, so his mouth is always wide open.

Gross I know, no makeup, but its the only picture of the two of us.

At the Airport


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Here are some random pictures since we have been here that I have yet to post but I just think that they are too cute not to share.
Maylee was watching cartoons with Dutch and she was just so sleepy. I thought she looked so precious.


While I was in Buckeye my Dad and I took the kids to the Children's Museum the day before my pass expired to get one last use out of it.

On our way home from wedding dress shopping with Stormy. We were all a little worn out. But she got a beautiful dress.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
Looks and sounds like fun! You have some dang cute kids! I miss you! I can't wait to come up and visit you again!
Wow 5 years!!! The Rainforest Cafe is very cool my kids love it! It sounds like you are having fun living in Nevada! Love and Miss you tons!
im glad you had a fun anniversary! 5 years! crazy how fast it goes by.. it looks like you are having fun... dont you love discovering a new place and new things to do? my niece and nephew are getting so big.. by the way those pics and slide show are darling!! tons of those should definatley be blown up and put on your wall! keep having fun and take lots of pics to post so we can see you guys!! love ya! hope you are all doing great!!!
Happy 5th year Anni Breezy!! Wow, I didn't realized that you had been married that long! Congrats! :) I remember going to the temple on my lunch break to see you walk out after you had gotten married! I miss you! Hope life is good in Veg! :)
Happy Anniversary!! You guys look like you're doing great! The kids are so freakin' cute!
Hey Breezy! It looks like everything is going great for you guys. I miss seeing you at playgroup and church and YW! Maylee is looking older..not any bigger but her hair is longer and stuff. They are both so cute!
Dang I miss those kids....soooo much!!!
Post a Comment