Tuesday, May 11, 2010
Nap Time
The last few days Maylee has been waking up at about 5:30. It's extremely exhausting not only on David and I but also on Maylee. This morning when she woke up David took her downstairs and turned cartoons on for her. Then at 12:30 when it was time for her nap she was crying and emotional and did not want to lay down in her crib. Which is VERY uncommon for Maylee. She loves nap time. Sometimes she cries and asks if she can take a nap. So I knew the only reason she was fighting it was because she was too tired. So David took her upstairs to lay her down and she was hysterical, so he laid with her on our bed. But she was still fighting it, so he just put her in her crib to let her cry. Well I have never let Maylee cry it out it doesn't work for her. So I went and got her and laid with her on my bed. She fell asleep so I carried her in her room and soon as I walked into her room she woke up and starting crying, "no Mommy." Well I didn't want to let her take a nap in our bed, not a habit I want to start. So I did the only other thing I could think of, I got in her crib with her. And guess what, she was fine and fell asleep instantly. But I decided to give her just a minute before I climbed out so I wouldn't wake her up. Meanwhile David came to see how it was going and found me laying in her crib. First thing he says is, "that's not designed for your weight." I'll try not to take that as a fat joke. Next thing he did was grab the camera.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
that is hysterical. i needed to hear that. ;)
If I had nickel for every time I had to lay with my kids - but I have to say that I've never actually laid in the crib before. Whatever works right?
Post a Comment