Thursday, September 9, 2010

Preschool

Dutch started Preschool this week. I was able to get in with a group of women in the surrounding wards who are doing a joy type preschool. There are six kids in the group, so I only have to teach once every six weeks. It's perfect. Dutch was very hesitate to go on Tuesday but I told him I would stay with him for the first little while. I sat in with him for the first half hour and then I left and when I left he was just fine. When I came to pick him up, he cried because he didn't want to leave. He loved school. I knew he would. And he asked about once every hour since Tuesday after class if he could go to his school. So he was excited when Thursday rolled around again to get off to school. I think having him in a preschool setting will be so good for him. I know he is getting bored of being at home with me and his sisters and he still has two years left before he starts kindergarten, so this is going to be a great activity for him to do. And I love it because I get two days a week, for two hours with only two kids at home. It's bliss.
Dutch all ready and excited to go to school... he was so excited I couldn't get him to hold still.

2 comments:

Britt said...

just wait til you have a few kids off at BIG KID SCHOOL! Wow.. talking about a relief. ;)

next year the twins start preschool... sheesh.. does that mean it's time for another?! ;)

Breezy Skye said...

I think it does mean that its time for another.