Thursday, November 11, 2010

I have been wanting/dreaming of decorating a little girls room since I found out I was pregnant with Maylee. But then Dutch and Maylee had to share a room, so I had to decorate half and half. Finally when we moved into this house in August, Dutch got his own room and the girls are in a room together. My time for decorating a girls room had finally come. And then I couldn't come up with any ideas on what I wanted to do with it and I didn't want to do just anything. So I just kept waiting for the perfect idea to finally present itself to me. Well it finally did. Jenny made Talli the cutest quilt when she was born and I instantly fell in love with the fabric and colors. Hobby Lobby still had the fabric (enough to make Maylee a quilt too) and the ideas started coming. The quilt that Jenny made. (The picture really doesn't do the colors justice.)
The girls have a black dresser in their room that I just haven't been in love with for awhile, not to mention that fact that I just felt done with black furniture. So I decided to redo all their furniture, going with the main colors from the quilt, green and pink. I have a before picture of the dresser and the mirror, but I can't get it off of my camera. The mirror was all white before. And I relined the baskets with matching fabric from the quilts. The original liner was plain brown, again the picture is stuck on my camera. This is all that I have done so far. But I am loving how it is all coming together. Right now we have two cribs in the girls room, which is kind of hard to decorate around, but Maylee is just not ready to move to a big girl bed. So her quilt won't really be super useful, look wise, until she moves to a big girl bed. Who knows maybe one day we'll trust her in a big girl bed :)

3 comments:

Stormy and Spenser said...

You're so good!! I love it!!

Cindy Carroll said...

I absolutely love it...it just does not look like the same dresser at all. And you spray painted it? That's just crazy. I can' wait to re-do my bed. How long are you gonna be here for T-Day? :)

Arizona Nielsens said...

Yeah! I'm so glad that you like that blanket... and I am astonished that you decorated the whole room around it. It is adorable! Great job!