Wednesday, December 1, 2010
Thanksgiving
David and I had been looking forward to going home for Thanksgiving for awhile. It felt like we hadn't been home in forever so we couldn't wait to go. We got to Fawn's house Tuesday afternoon, hung out and let the kids play. Wednesday morning I talked David into going jogging with me since we actually could go without pushing strollers, it was a great run, but now David is convinced that I'm too fast for him. Fawn took us out to see Tangled at the movies. I am in LOVE. I have to say that it is my new favorite Disney movie. I really think it adds up to Beauty and the Beast to me. I loved it. I'm convinced that I will buy it opening day and make Maylee watch it every day until it is her favorite, haha. Fawn and I hiked my beloved Camelback mountain Thursday morning. It was an awesome hike, I love how much running has helped my speed on the mountain. Thursday we spent the day with David's family, we had excellent food and great company. I love Thanksgiving, it's always been my favorite holiday. I love having all the family get together and now being married it's even better being able to celebrate with both families every year.
Thursday night we headed over to my parents house. We got there late, close to the kids bedtime but they were so excited to be there bedtime didn't happen right away. It was Talli's first time around dogs (of her awareness, anyways) and she thought they were the funniest things in the world. Talli's has been army crawling but not really fast or super far, well Sandy was enough motivation to get the girl going. She couldn't leave that dog alone the first night, Sandy wasn't too sure what to think about the tiny human tugging on her and trying to suck on her paws but she's a good dog and put up with it, for a few minutes anyways. Then Talli discovered Gracie and Moose, dogs littler then her. I wish I would have got my video camera out, because the faces Talli was making was priceless but I'm lame and I didn't, just know it was the funniest thing EVER.
Friday Mom was awesome and stayed home and watched six grandkids so we could all go hike the mountain with Noah and his girlfriend Michelle. The hike was again awesome, I love that mountain and it was fun going with most of my family. Then David and I wanted to take everyone over to see the Frys on Tatum and Shea. This store is amazing, its a grocery store that has valet and covered parking, need I say more. I have never been to such a luxurious grocery store before, it's pretty awesome. Dutch and Maylee had a blast playing with cousins all week and I had a blast not having to entertain them at all for four days. Saturday was Thanksgiving dinner with my side of the family. But first thing first, I had to go running, this time I talked Mom into going with me. But since she's not a runner I convinced her to ride a bike beside me while I ran 10 miles. It was fun to have her to chat with the whole way. Then off to dinner at my parents house. It was fun to see my family especially my favorite cousin, Lisha. It was was great week and a huge bummer to have to come home. Only two and half more weeks until we get to go back for Christmas, YAY!
A few pictures from our visit...
Fawn took us to Chick-fil-a one day and Talli just looked so cute and relaxed in the highchair.

David and his Mom
David and the kids playing rock band.

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment