Free baseball game that David's school gave out tickets for. It was so much fun.
Super Baby!
Playing in the mud...
Random...
Talli enjoying a Popsicle...
Playing in the mud...
Life has been a little overwhelming for me lately. The kids have reached a new phase, one that every parent dreads and prays doesn't happen, even though we know that it will and it will be the biggest pay back we can ever get for putting our own parents through it, you know the phase, FiGhTiNg! I hate when my kids fight and it seems like they are at each others throats 24/7 lately. It grates on my nerves and makes me feel like I am going to have a major meltdown or explosion, one or the other. I try so hard to help them to be nice to each other, I just honestly have no idea what to do. I catch tiny, microscopic glimpes of them loving each other and I try really hard to treasures those moments because I know that in the next second I'm going to be breaking up another fight. I just wish they could understand now how much they are going to love them one day and what great friends they will be and why not treat each other nice now.
Talli doesn't help the situation much anymore. Her only saving grace is that she is just so stinking adorable that I can just eat her up. But she starts fights now, and she doesn't back down if Dutch or Maylee try and take something for her. She fights right back.
Side story... I'm at the park the other day and I hear this little girl, probably 6 or 7, say to her Mom, "See the baby, she's so cute, can I play with her?" Mothers response, "Sure, just go ask her if its ok.", So this sweet little girl, who just wants to play with Talli starts to walk towards Talli and it's as if Talli knew what was happening and she just wasn't up for playing apparently. Because she starts walking right towards the girl, holding both her hands up in her hitting position and starts swinging them while she is saying "NO, NO, NO". So I just said to the little girl and her mom while I was walking quickly towards Talli, to save the girl from getting hit, "She is tiny and cute, but she sure is ornery. "
Anyways this is a constant thing at our house now, I know some kids are biters or something else, but Talli is a hitter. Some times Maylee will just be standing in the room, minding her own business and Talli will walk right up to her and just start hitting her. Now I am just sure in Talli's little mind she is just trying to get revenge for all the things Maylee has put her though during the last 13 months but seriously, this girl is ornery!
1 comment:
Ashlynn is a hitter too! Everyone told me it's just phase, it won't last long.... Ummmm it's been 5 months! This is one freaking LONG phase! Hang in there with it, I am....
Post a Comment