Monday, June 20, 2011

Mom, Stormy, Tara and her kids all came up to Henderson last week to visit for a few days. I can tell that I hardly ever get visitors because I'm pretty sure I was more excited than the kids. They got in Monday afternoon and everyone was pretty tired from the car ride. So we hung out at home until later in the evening when we headed over to the indoor pool by my house to swim. I got Dutch and Maylee each a super thin life jacket and I am so glad that I did. They can swim all over the pool without any help and I don't have to feel too super stress about having 3 kids that don't know how to swim. Tuesday a friend of mine was so kind as to let us borrow her amazing pool for the day. We took the kids swimming for a few hours and they had a blast. I only had one scare that put me in tears. I was swimming with Talli under the waterfall, Mom was under there too with Neela and the other kids were just swimming and Maylee was on the big step with Stormy and Tara. I happen to look over and see the top of Maylee's head. And I said to my Mom, "Does Maylee have her life jacket on." It was hard to see through the water fall. But I quickly realized that she did not have it on, she was not playing and she was actually drowning. So I quickly threw Talli at Mom and said hold her. And I swam to Maylee as fast as I could. As soon as I grabbed her and pulled her up out of the water she started coughing and throwing up a little bit of water. None of us knew how long it was before I saw her. It scared me and Maylee so bad. Maylee just cried and cried and cried right along with her. It's scary how even with four adults watching the kids something like that can happen. Apparently Maylee took off her life jacket and neither Stormy or Tara saw her do so. I don't know if she was actually trying to swim with out it or trying to get it because it had started to float off the step. But I do know that from here on out she will be wearing her life jacket with a safety pin, since she has a tendency to take it off without asking. Other than that it was a fun filled day at the pool. I was so proud of Dutch because he was jumping off the waterfall and going down the slide. He was doing so good without getting nervous.
After cleaning up and getting ready we headed to The District to let the kids ride the carousel. During the summer the rides are free so the kids can ride it over and over again and just pick different animals every ride. My kids love going there. Everyone slowly started leaving the carousel one by one. I can only ride a few times due to motion sickness but my kids can last up to nine rides. So I just stand on the side lines until they're done. After we were all done riding we were sitting around watching the kids play in the grass. Maylee found a mister down low enough that she could play in. Her and Neela were soaked by the time we left. They were using it more as a water hose than a mister. Our attempt to get a picture of all the kids... looking. Wednesday was a super low key day. I went running and when I got back from that Mom, Stormy and I all worked out together. Then we hung out around the house, we painted are nails and hid in my bedroom from the kids :) The kids played the Wii most the time. It kind of drove me crazy, I was hoping they would actively play more but I guess times really are changing, whether I like it or not. Later that afternoon we got a wild hair to go and do something. So we loaded up the kids and headed to the splash park. Dutch made that a pretty miserable experience. I'm thinking he was over tired, so the fits started. He finally was able to calm after about an hour or so, he's lucky I did cause him any bodily injuries because I was feeling pretty edgy after those fits, especially at his age, there is just no reason for it. After the splash pad we headed over to the MGM Hotel to watch the lion feeding. If you have never done that when your in Vegas it's definitely worth going to. Totally free and you just watch the guys hand feed the lions about 10 inches from your face. It's pretty cool. Thursday morning Tara watched the kids so that Mom, Stormy and I could go to the temple. It was so nice to go. I love the Vegas temple, the Celestial room is amazing, if ever you come to Vegas you should make a point to go there too! The rest of the random photos from the week!

No comments: