Monday, September 19, 2011

Dutch Boy!

Dutch missed the kindergarten deadline here in Nevada by nine days. I was a little sad about this because all of the friends (minus his bestie Lukas) he has played with here over the last two years started kindergarten with out him. But I know in the long run with Dutch's personality it will be so much better for him to be the oldest in his class rather than the youngest. Still I knew that this next year would be a little bit boring for him, since he is already so ahead for his age. So instead of doing another joy school with him I enrolled him in the preschool through the rec center which is highly recommended around here. He goes three days a week for 2 hours. He started last Monday and he loves it. It gives him something to look forward to, something with more of a class room structure and time away from his sisters so he can remember just how much he loves them and why he shouldn't tease them so much.
Funny story... after picking him up from preschool on Monday, I was asking him all sorts of questions trying to find out how is day was and who is played with. Here's our conversation,
Me: "So Dutch who did you play with?"
Dutch: "I don't know their names I didn't call them anything."
Me: "Did you play with any girls?"
Dutch: "I love my sisters, but I hate the girls in my class!"
Me: (trying really hard not to seem like I am laughing at him) "Why do you hate the girls?"
Dutch: "Because they only play girl things, I don't like to play girl things."
I was dying laughing. He was cracking me up. And I LOVED that he made sure that he told me he loved his sisters even though they have the misfortune of being girls, but not the girls in his class.
First day of school.
David has been super busy building lots of projects for me around here on his month off. But I haven't been the only one putting in requests for things around here, Dutch made a requests as well. He wanted a Bow & Arrow. He was playing at his friend Kailer's house and apparently he had a bow and arrow and Dutch couldn't stop talking about it. So the wheels in David's head starting turning and he figured out how to make a bow and arrow. And it's like the real deal, maybe a little too dangerous for a four year old. But Dutch loves it and David is quite proud of himself for making one.
Dutch is obsessed with super hero's. For awhile his favorite was spiderman, then he went through a Captain American kick and now as long as it is a super hero he really has no favorite's. He loves them all. But while he was going through the Captain America he really wanted a shield and kept asking for one. So I went out to my craft closet to see what I could come up with without having to go to the store. I think the end result turned out pretty good, for not having to much to work with. And Dutch loves it. After we took the kids to Lowes for the free building day Dutch loved to put on his apron, his googles (they all recieve one for free from Lowe's) and grab his hammer and pretend to build and fix everything around the house. Dutch loves Rue. Although all the kids can be a little too rough with her from time to time. Dutch is such a great kid. He has his bad days, and his sensitive moments. But the kid is golden. He is generally an excellent listener, super obedient, loves his sisters and is a great big brother. I couldn't have been more blessed than to have had him as my first born. He still has a very mellow personality, and he is a pleaser. He hates to upset David and I. I love this boy more than words can say.

No comments: