For our anniversary David's parents came up and stayed with the kids for two nights while David and I enjoyed ourselves a little stay-cation. Friday night we checked into our hotel, ate at the buffet and then saw a late night movie. Which was so fun, it was so nice great to stay up late, watch a movie and then head back to a hotel room with no kids to deal with or to wake us up. Saturday we spent the morning shopping and then we took a nap with no kids to wake us up (seriously our biggest reason for wanting to get away was to catch up on some sleep :) then that afternoon we went and watch The Lion King musical at Mandalay Bay. I've always wanted to see it and I'm really glad we went, it was a excellent show. Then we watched another late night movie. Two movies in one weekend that has never happened to us in our 7 years of marriage, it was so fun. I picked out The Help, which was excellent and we both really enjoyed it. David picked out a movie called Abducted, which was LAME. David was seriously so bummed and embarrassed by his movie, I couldn't help teasing him for a while over it. We went to watch the Bellagio water show because I still have yet to see it. But it wasn't working and we needed to head over to the theater but of course once we got to our car it started but we were to far away to head back before it ended, I was so bummed but that is just my luck. We had a great time the only downfall was it was too short. The weekend went way to quickly. The kids had a lot of fun playing with Grandma and Grandpa as well. David and I have definitely decided that we will not wait another seven years before taking a trip with just the two of us.





No comments:
Post a Comment