Monday, November 5, 2007

Halloween

We are about to get started, Dutch is still eating. Here's Dutch loving his sucker. For family home evening on the Monday before Halloween we bought a pumpkin to carve with Dutch. I tried my hardest to get Dutch to put his hand in the pumpkin and play with the seeds but he just wasn't interested. What he did love was the sucker that his dad gave him. Once he had that sucker in his hand nothing else mattered. We tried handing him a handful of the pumpkin seeds and pulp but he thought it was gross and didn't like having his hand dirty. For Halloween our ward had a Trunk or Treat the night before. We dressed Dutch up in his adorable monkey costume (borrowed by Tara, Thanks) and he looked so cute. Although his head was a little to big for the it. He didn't really understand what was going on, when we were walking around and getting candy, until we opened up a Kit Kat bar for him to eat. He loved that. We didn't take our camera with us to the Truck or Treat because we were planning on getting all the good costume and trick or treating pictures on Halloween. We were going to take him to my parents neighborhood and let him trick or treat. However that didn't end up happening, due to the fact that Mom and I sat in a hour and a half of traffic on our way back from the mountain, uggg. But Dutch enjoyed crawling to the front door and watching the kids in our neighborhood as they came to collect their candy. The before photo! I've been saying for awhile that we need to cut becauseDutch's hair but I haven't really wanted to I didn't want him to look like a toddler yet, he's still my baby. But once David gets an idea in his head it drives him crazy not to do it right away. So on Saturday night David pulled out the clippers and we gave Dutch his very first haircut. We just set him in our bathroom sick and let him play with the water and eat crackers and he loved it. He never cried or complained one bit. I don't know if you can really see the difference in the pictures but I can certainly tell that he got a haircut. It use to be long enough for me to play with it and now I can hardly grab it, it's so short. Dutch playing in the water, happy as can be. All the hair we cut off. Now he has very short hair in the back.

2 comments:

Stormy and Spenser said...

He's so stinking cute, I love the hair cut, I bet he looks like all grown up now :)

Stacy said...

I love your blog... thank you for inviting me to see it. Can I put a link to yours on mine?