Wednesday, November 28, 2007

This year like every year David and I are lucky enough that we get to spend Thanksgiving with both of our families. Lucky for us my family celebrates Thanksgiving on the Saturday after and Davids celebrates on Thursday. I was so excited for Thanksgiving this year because Dutch is finally old enough that he gets to get the good food and he loves mashed potatoes and gravy so I thought it would be great. Well it ended up that at Davids parents house Dutch fell asleep about 20 minutes before dinner was served and slept for close to two hours. He completely missed the dinner and by the time he woke up he was so distracted playing with his cousins that we couldn't get him to eat a single thing. On the night of Thanksgiving we came home and set up all of our Christmas decorations. Lucky for us Dutch still has not shown a lot of interest in our Christmas tree. He wasn't tried pulling off any of the decorations, he pretty much just ignores it. Which makes me a little sad that he isn't excited but I think I would rather him ignore it, than destroy it. The only thing he really truly enjoys is a playskool nativity set that his Grandma Lazenby got for him last year. There is a button on top and when it is pushed it plays silent night. Dutch loves to push buttons and he keeps it going all day long. Our Christmas tree looks pretty good except for the fact that we have to decorate it from two feet up. Here is Dutch on Thanksgiving playing at his Grandpa and Grandma Lazenbys house. Dutch playing with his nativity set. Our Christmas tree all decorated. The picture really doesn't do it any justice.

2 comments:

Britt said...

ok so I love the little play nativity set.. I wanted to get my kids that.. I thought it would be a fun way to teach them about Christmas.

Andrea said...

Hey Breezy. Cute blog. I wanted to let you know my blog site...millertime04.blogspot.com. I don't blog that much, I'm trying to get better :)

~Dre