Friday, December 21, 2007

Our Pantry

Well its been awhile since I have updated and a lot has been going on lately. A couple of weeks ago David was studying like crazy for finals and when David is home Dutch thinks that he needs to be with his Daddy and trying to keep him away from David is very hard to do and it results in tears the entire time. So the Saturday before finals I decided to go ahead and completely empty out my pantry and reorganize. I figured it was a great way to keep Dutch entertained and still be able to get something done that I needed to do. Dutch had a ball playing with all the food in there, that was now all over my kitchen floor. However, in the process of reorganizing David came in and said something to the effect of, "wouldn't you love if the pantry was bigger so you could fit more stuff." ... Duhhhh, of course I would. Which leads us to now. On Monday night David had to work late so Dutch and I went to see the temple lights with my family. Dutch and I ended up getting back a couple of hours after David got home. Well... while we were gone he tore down the wall in our pantry so the he could make it bigger. Hard at work!!! So again everything that was in our pantry is now all over my kitchen counters and my house is covered in a layer of dust from all the construction. David promised it would only take two days. Five days later and we are still living in a huge mess and it looks like it is still going to be awhile before he gets it all done. He underestimated the size of this project. But he has done a great job so far and I am very excited to have a larger pantry. David did manage to get his brother Craig to help out one night. And of course Dutch is more than willingly to "help" in anyway that he can. This is David trying to hang drywall and hold Dutch. (Dutch has not been happy having to leave Daddy alone while he works). David is actually standing up on a stool holding drywall over his head with one hand and obviously holding Dutch in the other. On Dec. 9th was Dutch's cousins, Ashley's, birthday party. We all met over at his Aunt Dawn's and Uncle's Jeremy's to help celebrate. I don't know want it was, maybe it was just seeing all of his cousins running around and playing, but it made Dutch decide he was going to walk. I was thrilled, he walked all over their house that night and he hasn't stopped since. It is so nice to finally have him walking. I was getting really tired of the dirty, black hands from crawling everywhere. However walking enters us into a whole new world. Dutch has always loved to have books read to him. Now that he can walk though, he walks around the house with a book in his hand whining until we finally read it to him. We now read books all day long. He brings me a book about 50 times a day it feels like. But I am very happy that he likes to read. Here he is bringing me another book! And now that he can walk he feels it is very important to spend all of his time outside. He loves to play in the garage and in my car. So he stands outside the garage door and cries and cries until we take him out there. It was cute the first couple of times, but a couple hundred times later, I am getting sick of playing in the garage. Although since I love to read so much as well, we do spend about 45 minutes each day playing in the car, he plays and I read. Its a great compromise. One of the cutest things that he does now that he walks is after his bath he doesn't like to be held and dried off. Now he wants to stand there and get dried off and quickly as possible and then he escapes. He loves to walk around naked after his bath. It is super cute, because he has such a cute bum, however he has peed a few times. So I can't let him walk for very long. We had the Lazenby family Christmas party a week ago. It was a ton of fun. Santa Clause came and we all got to sit on his lap and tell him what we want for Christmas. Dutch was terrified of him and cried the entire time on his lap. We all then got matching pajamas, which we all dressed up in and took a ton of pictures. Here Dutch is in his new Christmas pajamas. Dutch just looks so cute in his. I love the hat but we were only able to keep that on him for about a minute. And Dutch and I in our new pajamas. My sixth month pregnant belly didn't quite fit in the pajama top, that is why I have a white shirt underneath and my blue shirt is so short. Here is a picture of David with all of his brothers and Dad. I love having pictures of just the boys. They always are having so much fun together. And here is a picture of all of the sister-in-laws in there Pajamas!

1 comment:

Stormy and Spenser said...

thats cute that they do completely matching pajamas!