Thursday, February 21, 2008

Maylee Jane

Maylee is here. She decided to come a little early, I was only 36 weeks and three days pregnant when I went into labor. Which makes her close to four weeks early. But she is healthy and beautiful and I am so glad that she is here. She weighed 6 lbs 1 oz and was 19 1/2 inches long. Born Sunday February 17th. Like I said in my last post I went to the doctor on Thursday for my 36 week check and she said that I was dilated to a four almost a five. So I came home from the doctors and started working on all the projects that I wanted to get done before she came. I finished painting the kitchen (remember when I said David was remodeling on pantry... yeah that still isn't completely done... ugggg) Anyways I got the kitchen finished painted on that same evening as my doctors appointment, there wasn't much to do so don't worry I wasn't pushing myself.Then for my next project, finish painting my laundry room. Its something that I have been wanting to do for a while and with her birth coming close I decided to just do it. So I spent a few hours Saturday painting the laundry room. Its a very, very small room and I only painted two walls, nothing that I felt was pushing myself too hard. I've been pretty active my whole pregnancy so painting is like doing nothing. I mean I mowed my yard at 33 weeks pregnant. Anyways... Saturday night was Davids cousins baby shower. On my way over to the shower I started to feel kind of fevered and really flushed. And I thought, oh crap, I must be getting whatever Dutch has. He broke out in a fever on Saturday and wasn't feeling well. So I get to the baby shower and the entire time I was there my lower back was hurting sooo badly. I just figured that I must have been on my feet to much and I just needed to go home and lay down. (You have to remember I was induced with Dutch so I had no idea what to expect when I first go into labor.) Well I get home from the shower and I lay down, David says to me I think we should go to the hospital. I told him no way, I am not in labor, I just need to rest. I was in big time denial. I was not going to have a baby close to four weeks early. So David goes out to the kitchen to take some medicine (we have all been really sick lately... another reason why I didn't want her to come yet.) and then we went to bed. Or I should say David went to sleep and I laid there and started timing my contractions. Finally at two in the morning I woke David up and told him that I thought I was in labor and he should start timing with me. He wanted to just leave for the hospital, but I was still trying to convince him and myself that I wasn't really in labor and it would be silly to go down there. Well not much time past before I agreed with him. So I made him take a shower, he was been working on projects around the house all day and then watched Dutch for me while I went to the baby shower so he never showered. And I didn't want him to go to the hospital dirty. So he got cleaned up and finished packing my hospital bag. Then we called my parents so they could come and get Dutch and we called my friend Stacy, so she could come and sit with Dutch until my parents got there. Ok so we finally get to the hospital they get my all hooked up to the monitors and checked me. I was now dilated to a five almost a six. However my contractions weren't registering on there machine b/c I was only have back labor, my stomach didn't hurt at all with any contraction only my lower back. So the nurse calls the doctor to see want he wants to do and he says watch her for another 10 mins call me back and then I might send her home. WHAT!!! Send me home at a five. But my contractions weren't registering so he wasn't convinced, well they were registering just very small and very far apart not all the ones I was feeling. So after 10 minutes he told the nurse to have me walk around for 30 mins, check me again and we'll go from there. I was really started to get excited and panicked all at the same time. Excited thinking ok maybe I won't be having a baby so early and panicked b/c I knew I was going to be having this baby and I didn't want to have to have her at home. (Now keep in mind this is the on call doctor not my doctor.) So I walk around for 30 mins and we go back. My contractions are finally starting to show up a little better and now I am fully dilated to a six. So in 30 mins I went up a full centimeter, obviously I am in labor. My body is doing something. So he decide to keep me and they take my up to a room. Now from what my nurse said I was under the impression that he was going to break my water. When they broke my water with Dutch I had him less than two hours later. So I wanted to go ahead and get my epidural. So I get the big shot, it hurt. Then the doctor decides not to break my water, he was to nervous since I was only 36 weeks and he wasn't my OB. That really made me not so happy. So needless to say I sat at a six for the next seven hours. Not fun. Finally he gives in and breaks my water. About an hour and 15 minutes after he breaks my water my nurse checks me. She has great news. She says, ok your at a ten and the baby is right there, why don't you give me three practice pushes for 10 secs each. So I give her my first push. She then says ok, put you legs down and breath I am going to get the doctor here right now, and don't push. So we have to wait another 10 mins for the doctor at this point all I want to do is push. Oh another thing, my epidural didn't work I felt everything, it was so painful, I wanted to get this baby out. Finally the doctor shows up and I pushed for maybe 10 mins and she was out. It was great this time because her umbilical cord was long enough this time that they were able to put her up on my belly, she was so tiny. And she came out peeing. She peed all over me it was so funny. Then they took her to get her cleaned up. She wasn't breathing great she was what they called retracting, so they had to take her to the nursery for the first four hours of her life. I was so sad. But she is healthy and doing great now. And I am so in love with her, she is just beautiful. I hurt!!! Beautiful Girl!!! Dad on his ever so comfortable hospital bed! Dutch finally got to see her on Wednesday. Like I said he wasn't feeling well so my mom took him to the doctor for us on Monday. Poor little guy had double ear infections. The doctor put him and some meds and said that once he hadn't had a fever for 24 hours it would be fine for him to be around her. So my parents kept him until Wednesday when he was finally healthy enough. He pretty much just ignore her and pretended she wasn't there at first. He showed a lot more interest when we put her in the swing. Then he decided he would try picking her up, when we wouldn't let him do that he thought it might be kind of fun to push her. Well thats really scary to, so we have to be really careful with him around her, but at least he is showing some interest. Trying to pick up Maylee I'm a mother of two, oh my gosh!!!

11 comments:

sarah said...

What a beautiful little girl! Congratulations!!!!

Eevi said...

Congratulations! She looks adorable. You guys have such a cute family.

Eevi and Troy

Skinners said...

Congrats! She's beautiful Breezy! I totally know how you felt about not know what to expect with labor. I was induced with my first and had the second completely natural (got to the hospital at a 9 1/2 and moving). It's hard at first but Dutch will adjust and just love her. I feel so blessed to have my two little ones and I'm sure you do too. You'll do great!

Stacy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Carbonneau said...

I bet Dutch seems like a big boy now! Beautiful Children Breezy!

Arizona Nielsens said...

Congrats! How exciting to have her here already. Good luck with two!!!

Anonymous said...

Congrats Breezy! Maylee is so beautiful, I'm looking forward to ooing and awwing over her in person:)

Brandi Jo said...

She is so cute! Congratulations! I was induced on both of my boys... we'll see what the doc wants to do this time. I am also painting my laundry room... maybe it is a pregnancy thing! Ha... I think it really has to do with all the time I spend in there. The white walls drive me nuts. Congrats again on the new addition to your family!

Britt said...

YAY! She's here. How exciting. Now get pregnant in a 2 years and have them be twins..and you'll be a mother of 4 like me! ;) lol. I hope you are feeling great. I hate when the hospital thinks it's ok to send you home dilated to a 5 or so.. it's insane. They did that with me when I was pregnant with Masen!

Kim's just sayin' said...

Nate wants to know if David was wearing makeup in that picture?!?!?! :)
She is so beautiful...the baby that is. Good luck with 2!

Jamie said...

She is so beautiful!