Wednesday, February 27, 2008
Trying to catch a break!
Well if its not one thing, then its another for my family. I woke up Monday morning knowing that David was going to be in school all day long. It was going to be the first day with just me and the kiddos. And I was actually excited. So I woke up thinking, this is wonderful I finally feel really good, the sickness is gone, today is going to be a great day. And then I took a look at Dutch and he was covered in what looked like a rash. We noticed on Sunday night that he had some, what appeared to be bug bites. Well Monday morning we realized they definitely weren't bug bites. So then I just figured he had hives, but to what, that I couldn't say. So I called his doctor to see if I could put him on benadryl. While talking to the triage nurse I mentioned that he was on his third round of antibiotics within the last 30 days. I guess that sent up a big red flag. She told me to stop giving him his antibiotics and put him on benadryl and call back first thing in the morning to let her know how he was doing. So I called her back Tuesday morning to report that the ones on his face were a little bigger but that was all. She still wanted me to bring him in for a check. So I load up the kids and head to the doctor. This now makes for Dutch's fifth visit to the doctor since Jan. 11. Oh my gosh. The poor kid, he has just had something going on with him for so long. Well it's confirmed at the doctor he is allergic to penicillin. But his ear infections are gone, thats a good thing. And she told me it'll just take a few days for the spots to go away now that the penicillin is out of his system. Thank goodness.
This isn't at there worst. Dutch was not wanting me to take his picture, so these are the only ones I got.
But despite being covered in spots he was still feeling pretty good. He has taken a lot more interest in Maylee. He's decided that he wants to hold her. Which is just adorable when he does. Although he is all boy so I have a hard time getting him to be soft enough. He wants to rub her head really hard, or poke her really hard but we're working on it. But now he gets really put out when I am holding her and I won't allow him to just take her and carry her. He thinks now he should just be able to hold her all the time. But I am just so glad to see him showing interest in her. Its just melts my heart to see the two of them together.
The latest thing that is now affecting our family happened this morning. The kids had a terrible night. Dutch can't sleep through Maylee's crying. We even now shut his door all the way hoping he won't hear her but nope, one little peep Maylee makes and Dutch is up crying. So both of them were up all night David and I were exhausted. So were they apparently. Here they are both wiped out this morning in our bed from having such a rough night.
Well after I had been awake this morning for about 20 minutes I started having severe pain in my uterus. I was hurting so bad. I couldn't walk, no matter how I laid I was in pain and couldn't get relief. Finally I called by OB and they told me to come right into the office. I get to the office and my doctor checks me, he tells me everything looks good and he talked to the other OB who delivered me and he said he was sure he got out all my placenta. So even with that all said and him checking me he still wanted to do an ultrasound to make for sure. (By this point I was thinking ok am I just a big baby and can't recover from childbirth, but I never had this kind of pain with Dutch.) Well we go back for the ultrasound, she did an internal one since she was checking for left over placenta or tissue. As soon as she started the ultrasound, she said yep there is something there. But after just a second she was able to determine that it was blood clots not tissue. Thats a relief. Although she did say that I need to wait and see my doctor again and he'll decide if he has to scrape them out or let them pass. After talking to my doctor he did not feel it necessary to do a D&C, but he did put me on some medication to make my uterus contract super hard to get these clots to pass. He said they're old clots and my body is having a hard time getting them out naturally. So my great sister-in-law Tara offered to take Dutch today so that I could start the medication and try to rest. So now its just a waiting game for the medication to work. Its actually taken me about two hours to write this post because of having to keep moving for relief. But I am trying to walk a lot, you know let gravity do its thing. I told David we just can't catch a break, I wonder what it'll be tomorrow, all I can do anymore is just laugh every time something happens b/c its just been happening like crazy. So I asked David what he thought it would be tomorrow, he thinks leprosy, yikes, haha.
Here are some random pictures to show that despite our sickness' we are still a happy family.
Dad finally getting to enjoy his little girl.
Dad and Dutch hard at work. David doing homework, Dutch is coloring and eating crackers!
Beautiful little girl, doing what she does best during the day... sleeping!!!
Me and my babies, please ignore how awful I look.
Dutch loves playing in Maylee's car seat. Which is funny to me because when it was his he hated being in it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
That sounds like such an eventufl week few days! I'm glad to hear that things are starting to get all better though! I love reading your blog!
Hey... I know what happens next!
I am glad everything will be okay and that you trusted me to watch your little girl.
love ya!
Sounds like you got your hands full..sheesh.
Gosh, you guys have had a rough couple of weeks! But at least you already have your baby! Have you gotten your projects around the house finished with everything going on? I heard your shower was re-scheduled for March 22nd, is that true? I'll have to send a gift since I will probably be in the hospital with our baby. We'll see!
Good gracious girl! We found out our oldest was allergic to penicillin when he was about 2. I called the dr's office and told the nurse every time I gave him his meds a rash developed and it got worse every time. She thinks it's chicken pox, even though I tell her that as I'm looking at him he doesn't have a rash. I hold off on giving him his next dose, thinking they might want to see what happens when we see the dr. Dr. walks in, says it's not chicken pox and that he has no rash. I said, yeah, I was holding off in case you wanted to see what happened. He just told me not to give him any more penicillin. Grrr. Make sure you get a Medic Alert for Dutch.
Post a Comment