Monday, April 28, 2008

My favorite quote!!!

First I have to give you all a little back ground information before I tell you my favorite quote otherwise you would never understand it. My son Dutch has a very large head. When I took him in for his four month well check his doctor was so concerned about how large his head was that she was thinking about doing an MRI. So I told her, my husband has a really large head, I am pretty sure he gets it from his dad. So she told me to go home and measure Davids head and let her know how big it is. She said if he really does have a big head it will be between 58 and 60 centimeters. So I went home and did as the doctor asked and I measured his head. And guess what... his head was 62 centimeters. Enormous! When I went back to Dutch's doctor and told her David's size she couldn't get over it. She said she had never heard of a head as big as David's. It was really funny. After that she hasn't been concerned with how large Dutch's head is because his Dad has such a big head. Dutch's head has always measured in the 150 percentile. He has made a new curve on the chart. At his last well check, which was his 18 month well check, his head officially measured bigger than his pediatrician. Sure she is a petite lady but still come on that is crazy. His head is actually only one centimeter smaller than his Aunt Tara's head. He has a huge head for a little guy. Anyways now for the quote. When my Mom, Dad and I were flying up to Utah, we were at the Phoenix Airport, we had just gone through security where you have to take off your shoes and get all checked. Anyways, my Dad had Dutch with him, so he went over to some chairs so he could put his shoes back on. He sat Dutch down on a chair and starting tying his shoes when this lady came up to my Dad and said... And I quote... "One day many artist are going to want to sculpt that perfect head." I laughed so hard. It really made my day. I am sure she had to have been an artist to even think of that but I loved it. To me that was a great compliment. Usually everybody just makes fun of Dutch's head which makes me kind of sad so I absolutely loved that the lady said that.

4 comments:

Stormy and Spenser said...

Ha ha thats so funny. I'm a little disapointed that your favorite quote isn't from Meet the Robinsons.. "I have a big head, and little arms.." ha ha, I'm just teasing ya! I love Dutch and his head! :)

Stacy said...

dutch wouldn't be dutch without his head. like father like son... and round... good for sculpting I guess :o)

how is Maylee measuring?

sarah said...

He needs a large head to fit all of his brains right? He is just going to be one smart kid! Hunter's head measures in the 95 percentile. We just decided now my brother Aaron won't feel so alone (he has finally grown into his head!).

Carroll Farm said...

I love that quote- yes she must have been an artist & think of all the money you'll make off of those sculptures. :) JK