Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Shower time

Dutch has pretty much always taken a shower with David and I. Once he was able to sit up really good and hold his head up, we have put him in the shower with us. We always put him in the shower with us and then when we get out, we turn the bath on and he plays in the bath while we get ready for the day. This has been his routine for so long that it got to the point the Dutch hated to take a bath without showering with us first. Well lately Dutch has decided that he needs to have his cars everywhere he goes. So every morning when it is time to take a shower I always tell Dutch, "Go get a car and lets take a shower". He usually gets 2 or 3 of his little match box cars and we shower. Well the other morning I told Dutch to go get his cars so we can take a shower and then I realized that I needed to nurse Maylee before we got in. So I sat down in the recliner to nurse her and meanwhile Dutch did as I asked and got his cars to take a shower. Here is what I found in the bottom of my bathtub... He definitely did as asked and got his cars to take a shower, only problem was he gathered up all most all of his cars. There wasn't a whole lot of room for the two of us and all of his cars in there but somehow we managed. Here he is playing with his cars in the tub after I got out.
The Harkins Theater by our house does a summer special for the kids. For ten weeks they play a different kid movie every week at 9:45 in the morning and for seven dollars you can see all ten movies. I found out about it a little late but I still decided to go ahead and pay the seven dollars and take Dutch to the movies. A friend of mine and I met there with our kids today for our first movie. This week was Shrek 3, which isn't a great little kid movie, it scared Dutch so we only ended up being there for about an hour but it was still a lot of fun. Next week is the Bee Movie so I think he will enjoy that one a lot more. It's nice to being able to get out of the house and do something fun and stay cool. And it is so close to home that it works out perfectly. Then this afternoon my same friend, Bethany and her two kids and my other friend Stacy and her daughter came over to play. We let the kids play in the pool. Dutch does not play very well with other kids unless it is Maxx and Jace, so I try to let him be around different kids so he can start to get use to playing with kids besides Maxx and Jace. The kids played well together for the first 20 minutes and then they just fought over toys but it is still so nice to get together with friends and have some adult conversation, even if it feels like we are just referring the kids the whole time. And since we were all out side playing I had Maylee out there with us. She is on medication for being colic and one of the side effects is high fever or heat stroke, so they say to keep the babies cool while they are on this medicine. Which is hard to do in Arizona, so I striped her down to her diaper and filled up her little bathtub thing and let her play in her own little pool. And she actually surprised me because she loved it. She just sat in there for a long time and was so content. She is such a good baby. Here are the kids playing in the pool... Here is Maylee in her own little pool...

1 comment:

Lacy said...

Breezy, what day do they do the movie and where is it at? We may come out to do that too if it is on a good day for us.