Sunday, July 27, 2008

Cabelas

I went to Cabela's for the first time yesterday. That place is huge. I couldn't believe all the stuff they have there. Anyways the reason for our little outing was because David was being a very boring husband and dad for a Saturday. He had homework do for his online class so he spent the whole day in front of the computer working on it and kept telling me to keep Dutch away from him. Which is pretty much impossible because if Daddy is home Dutch only wants to be with him. So finally I had enough of sitting around the house, so I got the kids all ready to go and I just decided to go somewhere that Dutch could wander around and play but somewhere inside so we could stay cool. Just as I was saying goodbye to David, he said, alright I'm done, I'll come with you. So that's when we decided to go to Cabela's. And it turns out the Cabela's is a great store to go to and walk around because they have an aquarium and big stuffed animals to look at, so Dutch just loved it. Here is Dutch at the aquarium, he loved watching the fish, we watched them for a long time. Then they have all the animals there stuff and set up with the name of them right beside each animal. It is pretty cool. We tried to get a family photo but Dutch wouldn't cooperate. He didn't appreciate being picked up after he was able to walk around and explore on his own. So here is Maylee and I, so we can prove that Maylee was apart of our outing. Then there was this mechanical talking guy. He was creepy, Dutch enjoyed watching him. Dutch found a fun little fort to play in. It's actually a dog house but he won't tell him that. Although Dutch's favorite thing there was the escalators, we rode those up and down a whole bunch. But it turned out to be a fun evening. It was nice to get out of the house and still stay cool. And then we came home and ordered some pizza and watched a movie.

3 comments:

Carroll Farm said...

See, I told ya - Cabela's is cool. We try hard to NOT go there - it usually costs us WAY too much money that we don't have. :)
Jasmine and Justice LOVE the escalators - we spend a lot of time on those and playing in the 'cave'. They also like to look at the mountain lions - the creepy guy creeps me out too, but the girls get a kick out of him...
see ya Wed.

Brandi Jo said...

I think that store is our second home! My kids call it the animal store. Any time we get close to the stadium, they ask if we are going to the animal store! We were there Saturday too! Funny we didn't run into each other. I had to get some hiking shoes for Ireland.

Kim's just sayin' said...

I love that place. Forget the kids, I could be entertained for hours! :)