Monday, July 21, 2008

Not much happening

There isn't a whole lot going on in our lives right now, but I thought I would just give a quick update anyways. Maylee turned five months old last Thursday. She is getting big so fast. Today I was able to get her to sit up on her own. Well she isn't completely sitting up, she has to support herself with her hands but it is so cute. I can't believe that she is already going to be sitting on her own. She is still just scooting and rolling everywhere. She hasn't tried crawling yet, but I am curious to see if she is going to crawl early since she can already get around so well. Here she is holding herself up so well. Noah went back to Utah a week ago and then my parents went out of town for a church activity the following day, so it's back to pretty normal slow days for us this past week. My brother in law and sister in law are moving to North Carolina for Law School this week, so we spent Saturday night at the Lazenby's for our last family get together before they take off. And on Tuesday Jadie and I took the kids swimming for a chance to see each other a little bit before they go. I am really going to miss them when they're gone. Dutch and Jackson had a lot of fun playing together on Tuesday. Chase and Craig's little quads were in the backyard when we were over there and Dutch and Jackson were having so much fun playing on them and pretending to ride. The past couple of days Dutch has really started to get mean with Maylee. Up until now he has really just loved on her and has only hurt her out of love. And I mean that by, he is just loving on her a little to much and it hurts her. Well that has all changed. He has started biting her and hitting her. I can't seem to get him to stop. I am not sure what has started this but it is getting to be a bit frustrating. If anyone has any tips I would love to hear them. But even though he is being mean he does still love her and he can get the best laughs out of her. I love watching them interact together (when Dutch is being nice) it melts me. You know those precious moments when your babies are little tiny and they fall asleep on their dads chest on the couch and dad is out too. Well the other day Dutch and David fell asleep together on the couch while watching 'Cars' and it was just one of the those super precious moments that you just love and it reminded me of when Dutch use to always take naps with David but now he is just to big to be on his chest that he lays right beside him. Maylee and I together. I sure love this little girl.

5 comments:

Arizona Nielsens said...

Hitting and biting! Yikes! I'm not sure how to cure that. I can't believe Maylee is already scooting around.

Me and The Boys said...

The picture with David and Dutch is too cute! And the last picture of Maylee, she definitely looks a lot like her mother! ;)

sarah said...

I love all of your pictures, they are fun to look at! Hopefully Dutch is just going through a stage. It sounds like you guys are having a fun summer.

Brandi Jo said...

Your family is so cute! Maylee is a doll! I love her little headband with the bow. Did you make it?

Oh... you were asking if I am nursing Carson, and the answer is yes! I am pumping like crazy before I go. Right now I have about 50 oz. of milk. I think I am only a 1/3 of the way there. Ahh... I am running out of time. He will take formula, usually, but I am going to try to get enough milk before we leave to Ireland!! I am way WAY excited!

Corri said...

Gosh, Breezy, she's so beautiful just like here mom! I can't believe you guys have two kids! That's so fun! Hey, don't worry about David wiring the ceiling fans...the electrician told me that any moron would know not to wire the hot and the ground together. This guy was just exceptionally moronic. And David's a smart guy. Anyway, thanks for reading and commenting. You've made it into the true friend category. :D