
Maylee is ten months old today. I just can't believe how fast time is flying by. It just seems to be going faster and faster. She has not slept through the night again. It all started on Monday. She just was not feeling well at all and I figured it was because on Sunday night she finally cut her very first tooth. (She's a little late in the game.) Anyways so I figured her crabbiness and not feeling well was probably due to her tooth. But then later in the day her eyes were looking just a little too red and had a lot of the yellow-green gunk in the corners. So then I started thinking she was getting pinkeye. We had our Lazenby family Christmas party on Monday night (I'll post about that later) and everyone there kept telling me that it wasn't pinkeye. I've never dealt with pinkeye before so I have no idea. Anyways Tuesday dawns bright and early and her eyes seem to look better, so I thought, good it must not have been pinkeye. Well then the day wears on and her eyes look like they did on Monday night. So at Mutual last night the other ladies in the Presidency said that is was pinkeye. And at this point I was definitely agreeing with them but I figured she's made it this long she can't wait til tomorrow for a doctors appointment. So I get her to bed last night and she is not sleeping well at all. By about 2 in the morning, I haven't had any good sleep. David was up studying for his last final, so I told him that I was just going to take her to good night pediatrics, because we aren't sleeping anyways. I take her down there and you know, I still am not really sure on the whole pinkeye thing, but she does have two ear infections. Poor girl. I'm not sure about the pinkeye thing because the doctor never even looked at them. It seems like she just took my opinion on the matter, so who knows, but she is on antibiotics for her ears and eyes. So hopefully I can get her feeling better in the next couple of days and we can try this whole sleeping through the night thing out again.
So she is ten months old today and not feeling super great. When she is feeling good the girl is all get up and go. She can't hold still for even a second, she just has to be on the move. She still isn't walking but if she has a push toy she can walk with that across the room.

Her absolute most favorite thing to play in lately is her car seat. She is constantly sitting in it, or trying to stand in it. And since it isn't a stable toy she is always falling over and out and hitting her head and it really just involves a lot of tears. I'm not quite sure why she loves it so much. But I just can't keep her out of it.

She is finally drinking out of a sippy cup, she refused to for the longest time but now she will take one and enjoys sucking on it, thank goodness. And her absolute favorite food is spaghetti, she loves the ground beef in it.

I have this old babydoll that I had when I was a little girl, it is just rags now but Maylee loves the thing. Maylee is such a great baby minus the not sleeping situation. I love her so much and still feel overwhelmed with love every time I look at her.
No comments:
Post a Comment