Friday, January 2, 2009

Chloe

Over the past two weeks David and I have been dog sitting our friends dog. She is such a great dog and it has been so much fun for Dutch to have a dog, he just loves her. And lately I have been going back and fourth on wanting a dog. Well having Spaz has really been a great eye opener for me. Despite her being an excellent dog, I've decided that at this time in my life I don't want the responsibility of picking up poop and cleaning up hair. So it has actually been the best thing for me, watching this dog, that way I wouldn't have to get a dog of my own to figure this out. But still I have really enjoy having the dog around. I love throwing ball with her and just the added companion. Well on Tuesday my friend Stacy and I went visiting teaching and I was telling her that as good as a dog as Spaz is, I really just don't think that I want one right now. Well fast forward about 5 hours. David comes home from work and tells me that we are getting a puppy, "WHAT?" A guy that David works with has a friend who is trying to get rid of some puppies that he has for free. Apparently something happened to the mother and he needed to get rid of the puppies quick. So I tell David that we really don't need a dog and the added expense. David says lets just go look and her and then make the decision. So we get to the house of where the puppy is and basically the David has already told the guy yes, so he just brings the puppy to our car and says I hope she works out for you. So we took the dog. She is a chocolate lab mixed with a border collie. Anyways the next morning after having listened to her cry all night long and cleaning up after her messes in the house, I told David he needs to get rid of her before I get attached because I just don't want her. So then David goes to work and Dutch wakes up and he is in love with this puppy. They are so adorable together. So I start rethinking things. Then yesterday David watched the kids for me while I took a much needed nap after the New Year party. When I wake up from the nap David informs me that we are not getting rid of Chloe, he says her and Dutch were just destined to be together. Which by that point I was totally fine with because I was starting to feel the same way. So the newest member of our family is Chloe. And she is just darling. I am already attached and we have only had her since Tuesday. She is six weeks old and cute as can be. I really think that she is going to blend into our family really well. So needless to say I guess that having Spaz really showed me the things about a dog that I will be the least excited for and at the same time has shown me that I can really love having a dog around.

6 comments:

Arizona Nielsens said...

Did you say that Spaz was a good dog because you knew I'd be reading your blog sometime? I won't sever our friendship if she drives you crazy. She does that to me sometimes too. How fun to have a brand new puppy, though!! Good luck.

Me and The Boys said...

She is pretty cute!

Andrus Family said...

Welcome to the puppy world. Alexa got a new Chihuahua "Charlie" from Santa, needless to say they are so cute you just deal w/the mess. We saw Marley and Me and I bawled at the thought of not having a dog around.

sarah said...

How cute, our dogs name is Chloe too and her and HUnter have been the best of friends since from the start(we got Chloe a few months before Hunter was born). That love Hunter has for her has saved her a few times! Good luck with the new addition!

K&S said...

She is so cute! We have a dog named Riley. I bet Dutch and Chloe are best buds.

Carbonneau said...

My brother got his wife a lab border collie mix too! He got his just before Christmas. I think it is ADORABLE, but I DO NOT envy the potty training they are going through with it. Yuck, puppy poop. I bet you have your fair share. GOOD LUCK! Good thing they are cute right?!? and even more cute with the kids being so attatched!