Tuesday, January 20, 2009
Short Lived
We got rid of Chloe today. It just wasn't working out for our family. So I wanted to get rid of her while she was still a cute little puppy and we could find her a good home where she could be loved. The problem was just the fact that she is a puppy. I have realized that I don't enjoy puppy stage as much as I thought I would. She was just so rambunctious. She liked to use the kids as a chew toy and was constantly knocking them over or biting them and they were always in tears. The kids are just too little to be able to have such a rambunctious puppy. And not to mention the whole potty training thing. She was actually getting a lot better, however even though she was going potty in the backyard Dutch was constantly stepping in it and tracking it in the house. And I just could not handle that. I like things clean and everything was just feeling dirty. So having Chloe for a little while was definitely a good thing because it showed me what I like. I like having a dog, I like that Dutch loves the dog and enjoys playing with a dog, however the next dog we get, I want it to be a few years old, out of puppy stage, one that I know is potty trained and good with little kids. I think she went to a pretty good home too. A grandma and her granddaughter came to pick her up. She is going to be the little girls dog, the little girl is about 10 so the prefect age for a rambunctious puppy. I keep thinking about her, I hope that she is being loved and taken care of but it is so nice to be able to set Maylee on the living room floor and walk out of the room without having to worry about Chloe attacking.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
That's too funny. Sad, yet funny, only because I know exactly how you feel...and share the same feeling about dogs. Cute, but not for me (even though we have one!). However, we did get her at the age of 6 and she is fully house trained. It's perfect, you'll have to try again with an older dog, one of these days.
How sad, but I totally understand. It does not surprise me at all that you got rid of Chloe, I was shocked that you even got a dog. Better luck next time. I think we are gonna do a girls night next weekend or something, so try and make your weekend available. We'll do it probably Friday night and you need to come because I have not seen you in forever! Love you girl!
Chloe was super cute and I my hat goes off to you for giving it a go with a puppy. I'm still not even sure I'd want a trained dog but Tim really hopes to one day have one.
I love your new do. I look forward to seeing it in person.
lol. I agree 100 percent. I keep telling brad that we are not getting a puppy until the kids are big enough to really help take responsibility for them.. and so they don't mind being "bitten". ANyway...
Good Thinking.
Post a Comment