Sunday, February 15, 2009

Crumbs in my bed...

For Valentine's day I bought David and the kids the really fluffy sugar cookies and I let them eat them for breakfast in MY bed, crazy I know. But it was a huge hit. Maylee loved them and had no problem digging in. Dutch is my little clean freak and hates to be dirty, but he really enjoyed eating cookies for breakfast, in Mom and Dad's bed. Although he was very stressed that Maylee was making such a mess. Let's just say I had more than just a couple of crumbs in our bed. For Valentine's Day we watched our friends kids Friday night so that they could go out to dinner and then they were awesome enough to watch our kids on Valentine's Day in the afternoon so that David and I could hike Camelback mountain. I was so excited. I have only hiked one other time since Maylee was born and I miss that mountain. David wasn't as thrilled as I was to hike but he enjoys going with me. However when we got to the mountain we realized that everybody else in the state of Arizona had the same idea to hike, so it was packed. The closest place to park was about a two mile walk, so David was amazing and suggested that he drop me off and let me hike and he would just run an errand that he needed to do. So I still got to hike. It was the prefect weather for hiking and I felt so good, it only took my 29 minutes to get up to the top, I was on a high when I got down. I couldn't quit telling David what a great hike I had and how happy I was the he let me hike. So for his Valentine's day gift since he didn't get to hike with me, he got to take a long nap when we got home. I have always felt that Valentine's day is way over rated and cheesey (all the chocolate and stuffed animals) but spending that day like we did was awesome. It was so much fun to get out.

1 comment:

Britt said...

ok you are way less OCD than me... I could never let my kids eat cookies in my bed. lol. I am glad you are so adventurous. Your kids will remember this and love this about you.