Tuesday, February 3, 2009
She's Walking
I had a YW presidency meeting tonight and when I first got to the church building I told the other leaders to look at Maylee's new trick and then I had her take a few steps. As of Sunday she has been able to take about 4 good steps walking in between David and I, not on her own. Well then during the opening prayer at our meeting I was watching Maylee (yes my eyes were open because she was making me nervous) she just kept standing up. She would squat down and then stand up about three times in a row. And she even did that a couple of times today. Well David picked the kids up at the church building during my meeting. When I got home about 40 minutes after David, he said that Maylee is standing up and walking. And sure enough she is just standing up on her own in the middle of the room, not holding to anything and walking. She is walking a good six to eight steps before she falls over but then she gets right back up and does it again. I am so excited, I wanted her to walk before her first birthday and she is doing just that. So now I am thinking I just need to give her a few days and she'll probably be walking as her only form of transportation knowing her.
Some of her other tricks lately have been climbing into and onto everything. About two weeks ago, Dutch was taking a nap and David, Maylee and I were in the office. David and I were cleaning and talking when all of the sudden David heard Maylee making some funny noises so he went to find her. I had left the door to the dryer open and she was just sitting inside of the dryer playing and when we found her she just looked at us like, what's up.

Then today I was unloading the dishwasher and she kept crawling on the door and sitting there. So I would take her off and pull the bottom drawer out, hoping to distract her. Oh no she would have none of that. She would get so mad and push the drawer back in and crawl up there again. So I finally just had to give up.
As for Dutch he is still just be his cute, mischievous self. The other day we had to go to Toys R Us and Dutch found the Lightening Mcqueen car. He loved it. He bawled when we had to leave. He honestly cried for about 20 minutes after we left. We kept thinking he would forget about it but no such luck.

I have been babysitting a little girl named Abby, she is four years old and loves to play with babies. After having her around for awhile Dutch has picked up on her love for baby dolls. He is so good with the babies. He rocks them and puts them in his bed all covered up and comes out, shuts the door and says, "shhhh, baby sleeping." He really just loves baby dolls now and I think it's pretty cute.
And of course he is still just falling asleep anywhere. Last week I was at a friends house and when I left I really needed to run into the grocery store for just a couple of things. It was nap time but I figured I could make it in and out real quick. Well Dutch was sitting in the basket part of the cart and I was standing there looking at something, when all of the sudden his head bobbed. You know when you are in school and your head bobs really far, so much that you almost hit the desk and it jerks you awake. Well Dutch's head bobbed in the cart, the problem was the lip of the cart was right there and when his head bobbed it slammed on the side of the cart. He starting crying and he ended up with a big bump on his forehead. It was really sad and really funny. I laughed pretty hard and even called David to tell him how sad and yet so funny it was. And today he fell asleep on the couch reading a book. I love how he can just fall asleep anywhere, I wish I was like that.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
go maylee.. im so glad she is walking.. she is a girl on the move! how fun! and i think we all wish we could sleep anywhere just like dutch! that would be nice! i love the new pictures! they are so darling!!
What a big girl!!! She'll really be on the move now!
How exciting that she is starting to walk! Jarett loves to climb on my dish washer too when I do the dishes..I have to either wait until he is asleep to do them or put him in his jumper..other wise it is a constant battle with him. Oh and I love your new hair cut..so Sassy!
Post a Comment