Wednesday, March 18, 2009

I have to do a quick Dutch update because the kid is saying some of the funniest things lately, things that I never want to forget. I can't remember very many right now, I think because I am actually trying to think about them but I'll share what I can remember. First off, his new saying that he says all the time is, "Oh crap!" and personally I think it is hilarious. We have discovered where he picked the word up from and believe it or not from me. Apparently I say it all the time. I have never noticed how much I say the word until my two year started mimicking it. But he says it at all the right moments and it makes me laugh so hard. I try really hard not to let him see me laughing because I don't want to encourage it but it's so dang funny. My parents baby sat for David and I the other night and while we were gone they were playing with a car ramp and my mom said he just sat there and said "oh crap" over and over again when the car would mess up but she said the funniest part is he doesn't even change the expression on his face. He just says it to say it. I am trying really hard not to say crap any more and hoping the he will kind of forget about the word. But in the mean time, I am just going to continue to laugh every time he says it. I'm thinking that the less we pay attention to him saying it the quicker he'll forget about it.
The other thing that he says all the time is "I don't want to". Which you are probably thinking why is that so funny. But when he says it with his cute little voice it's just absolutely adorable. Of course he still has to do whatever it is he doesn't want to but it's really cute when he tries to get out of things. Like yesterday we needed to go to the store so David said to Dutch, lets go bye-bye. He instantly replies, "I don't want to. " For bed he uses the same excuse. It's just so fun now that he is talking so much and talking in sentences so well. The kid loves to tell stories. Especially when something has happened to either him or Maylee. And he gets so dramatic while he is telling the story. Yesterday him and Maylee were playing in my room and Maylee fell over and hit her head. So I asked Dutch what happened. So he waves his arms in the air and says, "Maylee fell over," then he bends down dramatically and points to the ground and says that she hit her head. But what makes it so funny is he says about 40 words but you only catch about five of them. He always uses his hands when he is telling a story or just talking. My mom asked me one day where he gets that from and when I answered I kind of waved my hands and said "I don't know". My mom busted up laughing because it became very obvious where he gets that from.

1 comment:

jadie said...

cute! i love when they start saying all kinds of new cute funny things! it is so fun to see what they come up with! you have posted some really cute pictures latley to! i love it!