Tuesday, August 25, 2009

I have gotten so bad about blogging lately. It's not that I can't find the time and it's not like nothing happens around here. I just plain and simple have not felt like blogging. But I keep reminding myself that I am doing this "journaling" more for me then anyone else and that I want to be able to look back and read about our life. So here goes... I am going to make myself post something.
Last weekend we had some very fun visitors. Seth had work in Vegas so Tara and the kids came up with them and we got to play with each other for a few days. It was very much needed for Dutch. I haven't really met anyone here who has a kid Dutch's age. They are all either 6 months older or 6 months younger, and right now that still makes quite a bit of difference. So he was so excited to be able to play with his cousins, people that he knows and loves. Seth and Tara stayed at the Monte Carlo the first two nights that they were here because his work paid for it. So on Thursday we drove over to the hotel to see them. Tara and I thought it would be fun to take the kids swimming there because the hotels here have awesome pools. And yes we were right the pool was cool but OH MY GOSH, it was sin city all gathered up and plopped right down at the pools of the Monte Carlo. It seriously was that bad. At first we took them to the pool that has a beach front so that the kids could just run and play in the water. They had a live DJ and we couldn't even hear each other screaming if we were standing one foot from each other. Which isn't very smart for supervising kids in a pool. But that wasn't the horrible part, every person was drinking, drunk or wasted. And we were seriously getting some pretty nasty shows from the couples around us. Tara left me with all the kids while she went to see if there was a better spot for us. While she was gone she got to see someone past out and the medics had to come. But she found a better spot. Less dirty nasty people. But still it was just not a place to take your kids. And judging from the looks that the people there gave us, they too agreed that we shouldn't have kids. Friday we spent the day at my house. Which was a lot of fun for the kids. They just played like crazy all day long. Then Friday night Seth and Tara got to spend the night and then the kids played for a few hours Saturday morning before they headed back to Buckeye. It was so much fun. Seth and I even talked about how it reminded us of when we were little and how much we loved going to our cousins house and spending the night and playing. So it is actually a lot of fun that our kids will get to experience that. And of course I only took a couple of pictures. I have got to get better at that.
This picture was taken at the grocery store. Tara and I were crazy and took all six kids to the store. So I put all the kids in one cart and hauled that around while Tara pushed the cart with the food.
All the boys playing on the stairs. Dutch was out after Seth and Tara left to go eat some dinner with friends. We were watching TV on the couch and the next thing I know he was gone. Friday night I made a bed for all the kids to sleep on in the living room. Dutch said he wanted to sleep with Maxx and Jace but I didn't think he would actually last. Sure enough Seth brought him up to me about an hour after they layed down. Well I was so tired when Seth brought Dutch up, so I just let him crawl in bed with us. I told David I would take him to his own bed in just a minute but then I fell asleep. Which I actually ended up being glad for. At 4:57 am Dutch started puking. And then every hour after that. Of course he got sick with family visiting, he just wouldn't be Dutch if he didn't get sick. But it only lasted until about noon. After that he was fine. But then at about 3 Maylee started throwing up. She got it worse than Dutch and threw up a whole lot more but it also only lasted until midnight. So whatever it was it was super quick and I am very grateful that they both got in on the same day instead of dragging it out.

1 comment:

jadie said...

it looks like you are having some fun... iam glad you have had some visitors!! your kids already look bigger! i hope everything is going well and that you are all happy! your house looks cute by the way! love and miss you guys!