We have already gotten an annual pass to the children's museum, found the best public pool that is almost identical to my parents club house, found a great splash pad and some fun parks. We've BBQ with the couples in our ward, gone to a birthday party and had a play date.
We've gone to the summer movies, played at McDonalds and swam at one of the nicest hotels here. My mom and Stormy already made a surprise visit up here. We have found a super fun outdoor mall, similar to something in Scottsdale. We've toured Hoover Dam. And we have managed to do all of this in the two weeks we have been here.
While Mom and Stormy were here we went shopping and we bought Maylee some new swimsuits. When we got home I wanted her to try them on her. Well Dutch felt a little left out so he grabbed Maylee's shirt and wanted to put it on. So we put it on him. We laughed until we cried, he looked so funny in her shirt.
He is still falling asleep anywhere. I don't know why but I love these pictures of him.
I won't lie and say it hasn't been hard at times. My Mom and Stormy drove up on Thursday morning for my birthday and completely surprised me. It was probably the best birthday present ever. We got to play all day together and then they spent the night and left the next morning. But when they left on Friday it really hit me. I had a good cry after they left. My mom and Dad came up and helped us move in for the first few days and when they left it didn't really hit. But after they left then I got to experience what it was like to live in a new city and not know anyone or anything. So when Stormy and Mom came to visit, it was the first day that I got to feel just completely comfortable and at home. So it was hard for me to have them going, knowing that it was going to be back to the new girl again. But I pulled myself together and had a good weekend. We are definitely of the attitude that we are going to make Nevada our home and just love living here for the next four years and I really think that it isn't going to be that hard to do. I haven't taken a ton of pictures since I have been here. My camera battery has been dead and to be honest I just never got around to charging it, so I missed out on some good pictures. But here are some of what I do have.It might not feel exactly like home but we are still having a good time. We love the house we ended up in. It is super cute and we are in a good neighborhood and area. We have two other couples in our ward living just a few houses down from us. We really have been very blessed with the area and ward we ended up in. We couldn't have asked for anything better. We have already got to experience relying on the ward instead of our family. One day while I was at the pool with a bunch of girls from my ward, David's car broke down. Of course I didn't hear my phone ringing because I was swimming. So David had to call a classmate, and get his car pushed out of the intersection and hitch a ride home. Then we got to call the Elders Quroum President and find someone who could tow his car home for us. We were very blessed and we able to find people willing to help us out. But for the time being we are now stuck with only one car until David can get his fixed. He's pretty sure its the timing belt. But it's not something he can fix by himself.
Taking a break from swimming.
8 comments:
it looks great breezy! i am glad to hear that you are adjusting well. i love and miss you guys a ton! happy birthday by the way!
what a cute house. It sounds like you ended up in a great situation there! It'll be hard at times being away from family but...I don't know how to explain it, being away does great things for your little family. It's the best thing we ever did. It's nice that you aren't too far away too. Surprise visits must be nice. :) oh and happy late b-day!
Yay! You updated! I love seeing pictures of your new home! I cannot wait to come out and see you guys! Miss you!
Your home looks lovely! I'm glad to hear that you are finding plenty to do in Nevada. Moving is always an adjustment but I'm sure that you'll continue to love it. These years will blow right by and afterwards you'll wonder where the time went. Enjoy!
I'm so glad that things are going so well. Your place looks great!!! I can't believe how fast you unpacked and got settled. Glad you had a great birthday also!!!
GREAT pics! Great house!! you decorate so cute.
I've got to tell you, your blog is a great place to visit and find decorating ideas! Your home looks too cute for just moving in! Way to go!! Enjoy your time is Vegas, there's so much to do and see:)
Hey Breezy! Just reading your post made me tear up and reminded me of moving to Denver for school when Logan was 5 weeks old. I cried for a while. However, your ward becomes your extended family and you will be amazed at how strong and close your little family grows, even with your hubby seeming to be MIA a lot of the time. Hang in there girl! These really will be your best memories. I'm getting sad knowing that ours are over soon!
Post a Comment