Tuesday, November 10, 2009
This past weekend we made a very quick trip to Phoenix to help welcome home David's little brother Chase from his mission to Argentina. We left Friday as soon as David got out of class, got to Phoenix around 9pm and headed home on Sunday around noon. It was short but we were so glad we were able to go. It was a lot of fun to go to the airport and watch Chase see his family after two years. Unfortunately while we were there both of our kids ended up really sick. When we left on Friday we knew Maylee had an ear infection but we got some antibiotics for her and we weren't too worried. Until Dutch woke up Saturday morning with a high fever and cough. But despite all the sickness we had a great time seeing Chase and the whole family but I am hoping that the family doesn't end up sick.
Waiting...


We see him...
Finally he's here, he sure did walk really slow down that terminal.

After the airport we spent the rest of our time at Fawn and Dave's house spending time with family and eating. It was fun to be able to just sit and visit over there just like before we moved. It really made it hard to leave.
Ashley, who weighs as much as Dutch, was pushing him on the swing. I think she used every ounce of energy she had.

The car ride home.
I know I looked riducioulsy sleepy here but I was. David and I literally only got about an hour and a half of decent sleep the night before. Dutch was up every 15-20 minutes from his fever and cough. It was miserable. I'm just glad we were able to make it home safely, with as tired as we were.
On the way home we were making excellent time until we came to Hoover Dam. About 4 miles before the check point traffic came to a complete stop and it took us about 35 minutes to get through it. And as we are just creeping along Dutch announces that he needs to pee. David didn't want to pull over and get out of line so we tried to see if he could hold it for a few minutes just til we made it through check point. Well that wasn't going to happen, so we finally came to an area with enough room to pull off and I got out with Dutch. We only walked about 10 feet from the car and I pulled down Dutch's pants. Since he is potty training he still can't use that great little hole in the front of his pants, so about 15 feet from a huge line of traffic, Dutch stood out there with his naked bum pointing to the traffic peeing. It was so hilarious.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Traveling with a potty training kid is so fun. We actually keep a potty in the back of our car. Oh the fun of kids, it makes for a good laugh :)
Post a Comment