Tuesday, November 10, 2009

White Coat Ceremony

Two weekends ago David had his White Coat Ceremony. Both of our parents were able to come up for the occasion and support David. Basically the White Coat Ceremony is where the students accept their white coats and make their oaths as a Doctor. It was fun to see him get his white coat, even if it is still short! At the end of the ceremony when everyone was clapping one last time for the student doctors, I had the most overwhelming feeling of, 'this is really happening, he is really going to be a doctor'. I know that might sound lame but it has been such a long road for us that it just still hasn't really seemed real. But that really made it sink in. I am so excited and proud of David. The kids did not enjoy the White Coat Ceremony, after having already gone to church for three hours they were not very happy about having to sit and behave for another two hours. It was very hard trying to keep them entertained. At one point, during a relatively quiet moment in the banquet hall, Dutch says really loud, "I need to poop, Mom". Very embarrassing, yet funny. David and his buddy Brian.

4 comments:

Carroll Farm said...

Wow, congrats to David!!! Can't wait to see you guys!

CFI Pilot said...

Congratulations David! That is fun!

Britt said...

that is so freakin exciting. can't wait to hear more about med school!!

DeWitts said...

They are so adorable! Especially mine.