Sunday, December 6, 2009

David starts another block week of exams tomorrow so for the last few days the kids and I have been pretty bored. We hardly see Daddy and when we do he is studying and feeling the pressure of all the tests to come this week. So the other day to cut out some of the extreme boredom the kids and I made cookies. And I let them frost them by themselves for the first time, which was a lot of fun. Maylee barely got any frosting on her cookie, it pretty much went straight from the bowl to her mouth. Dutch really enjoyed frosting the cookies but got a little frustrated that he couldn't do it quite right.
I was getting ready to do a load of the kids laundry the other day and Maylee found her new pair of footsies pajamas in the pile of dirty clothes. She insisted on wearing them. She was already dressed for the day and I really didn't want to put her in her dirty pj's, but after much insistence from her we finally compromised. I put her arms in the arm holes and she wore it like a cape for about an hour. To fight the boredom the kids and I have been going out every evening to do something fun. On Wednesday we went to Toys R Us, so Dutch could look at the toys and then tell Santa what he wants for Christmas this year. I am really hoping that he might be excited to sit on Santa's lap at the Lazenby Christmas party, we'll see how that goes.
Maylee found a bike that she loved while at Toys R Us. I really hope Santa brings her one for Christmas but I'm thinking his shopping might be done and she'll have to wait for her birthday. But Dutch got a bike for his birthday but I never take him out to ride it because then Maylee wants a turn and its to big for her and it just causes problems. So we'll see if Santa might be able to pull something else out of his sleeve. Last night I took the kids out at about 5pm. We had been stuck at home all day, we have no yard to play in and its to freezing cold to go out anyways. So finally I decided to just run to JoAnns and pick up a few things I needed. The thought of going home to David studying again was to much for me to handle, so I asked Dutch if he wanted to go on a date with Mommy. He thought that was a pretty funny word but was still excited even though he didn't have a clue what it meant. So I took the kids to Applebee's all by myself. I was quite proud of how well they did and just that fact that I did it by myself. After dinner we headed over to Barnes and Noble and read Christmas books for an hour. It was a great date night with my two kiddos.
David is only able to study at home if we can keep the kids away from him. The other day we were lucky enough to get both the kids down for naps at the same time. But leave it to Maylee to spoil that and wake up an hour and a half early. But Daddy was able to get her to go back to sleep and rock her while studying. Today he was trying to study but the kids just kept coming up stairs and pestering him. I made the suggestion to pretend like he is leaving and then sneak back in. So he went through the whole routine of leaving, he gave everybody hugs and kisses and then went out into the garage. So then I took the kids out front for a minute and he came back in and upstairs to the office. For the next two hours the kids had no clue he was up there and never bothered to go looking for him. It worked like a charm.

4 comments:

Dawn Walterscheid said...

The cookies look very yummy! It sounds like you have been having a very fun time with your kids. Ashley can't wait to see Dutch she has been asking when dutch is coming over. Pump It Up is going to be so much fun! Miss you all & see ya soon!

Arizona Nielsens said...

Look at you going so many places with both kids... you're a pro, which means 3 kids will be a piece of cake, right? Hope David does well this week-- it looks like he's working hard. Are your calendars done yet?

Matt and Megan said...

It is so hard for daddy's to study when the little ones want to play! Matt always had to study at the library and soon we will be back to that! We are having a little gilr too! In April!

Britt said...

that pic of dave and maylee is precious. daddy studying with his sleeping babe in his arms. :) gives me the warm fuzzies.