Saturday, December 19, 2009

We have been having so much fun with David out of school this week. We have tried very hard to keep ourselves busy every day and now we are all exhausted after such a packed week. On Tuesday David finally got to experience the Childrens Museum. Of course I forgot my camera but the kids had a blast playing with Daddy at the Museum.
On Wednesday we drove up to Mt. Charleston to play in the snow. It is only about 45 minutes to an hour drive and then we are playing in a couple feet of snow. Dutch loved every thing about it. Maylee I'm pretty sure was thinking, "Are you guys dumb, why on earth would you bring me to this cold, wet, white world." She didn't like it all. She hated getting snow on her shoes and insisted that Daddy hold her the entire time. Dutch and I however had a great time exploring, making footprints and writing in the snow. We didn't bring a sled or anything to play with in the snow. We really don't know what we were thinking. But we did find a piece of cardboard. So we used that as our sled and it worked great. Dutch loved it. Maylee not so much. Dutch only fell once which is really good but he did not appreciate getting snow up his shirt and down his pants. I really need to hit some thrift stores and get some snow pants so we can go a few more times. When it was time to eat lunch we didn't want to put the wet kids in the car so we put them in the trunk to eat. They loved it. That was Maylee's favorite part of the trip. Thursday we got all of our Christmas shopping done, YAY. This will be the last year that we will be able to take the kids with us. It was hard being sneaky. Maylee didn't notice a thing, but Dutch did. So David would go to a different part of the store why I paid and put toys in the trunk. I am so excited for Christmas. It is so much more magical when the kids understand and are excited.
Friday we decided to walk around the mall since we haven't been to the one here yet. That was just plain exhausting with the kids. Since unfortunately we don't have a stroller. One got stolen and the other one got run over. So until next month when I finally purchase a double stroller we just have to chase kids around. NO FUN!

4 comments:

jadie said...

love all the pictures! looks like the snow was fun! im glad you have had a fun week! it is always nice when the boys have a break from school and they get to play!! the kids look super cute! give them hugs! and give your belly a little pat for us to!love you guys!

Dawn Walterscheid said...

It looks like you had fun! Hey I have snow pants that will fit them both so come and get them! Miss Ya!

Dewey and Liz said...

Snow can be a lot of fun, but I recommend snow boots and nice warm mittens too! My kids will stay all day out in the backyard playing in the snow, but they are covered head to foot in snow gear, and they get to come in and have hot cocoa when they are done!!!!

Shauna said...

You in a big jacket and sweatshirt is not cutting it for me! I want to see a belly pic! Hope you're doing well I love and miss your face girl!