Saturday, December 12, 2009

We had some very awesome visitors this weekend. We are lucky enough to live on Jenny and Eric's route to their new home in California from Utah. So on their way to Cali yesterday they stopped and played for the evening. Dutch had been looking so forward to Savvy coming to his house. Yesterday while we were waiting for them to get here I heard the garage opening and I said to Dutch, "Who's here?". So he got super excited and said, Savvy. I said nope Daddy is here. To which he replied, "I don't like Daddy, I want Savvy." Uh oh!
When they did show up Dutch was just as excited to see Savvy as I was to see Jenny. It was so fun to have them at our house. The kids played really well together and it was so much fun to see them remember each other. About 8:30 or so we decided it was time to put the kids to bed so us adults could visit without the chaos. So we set up the air mattress in the kids room and Dutch and Savvy slept on that and then Maylee was in her crib and Vanessa in her pack and play. It was a packed room full of kids. It took about an hour and half for them to finally fall asleep. But we sure had fun listening to them talking, playing and singing songs together.
Once we got the kids down we just hung out and visited and played some card games. I really miss living close to them. But it was such a great night. Thanks Jenny for coming and playing with us.

1 comment:

Arizona Nielsens said...

Thanks for hosting us!! Your house is very cute, the food was great and the company was even better!!! The girls had a blast. We'll have to do that more often-- although I'd rather just live close to you so that we can do that all the time!