Saturday, February 20, 2010

Happy Birthday Maylee!

Maylee Jane turned two on Wednesday. My mom came up Tuesday night to help celebrate. We did our birthday tradition with the kids and filled the living room with balloons for when she first came down the stairs. It was a pretty lazy morning with how I was feeling. We hung out and let the kids play and then after we finally got ready for the day we took Maylee to Wal-Mart so she could get her gift from her Grandma and pick out something from Mimi. Grandma got Maylee her very first tricycle. She doesn't quite understand the pedaling yet but I'm sure it won't take long to get there. She loves her bike and it's so nice that now she has one of her own and doesn't have to covet Dutch's anymore. Mimi got her a Tinkerbell doll and Tinkerbell dress. Tinkerbell is Maylee's favorite movie right now. And Maylee loves and adores her Tinkerbell doll. She carries it everywhere. The only problem is that Dutch loves the Tinkerbell doll too. He even likes it better than Gordon right now, so we are dealing with a lot of fights. I have to keep reminding him that Tinkerbell is Maylee's special birthday present. After leaving Wal-Mart we took the kids to the park so Maylee could try out her new bike. She needed to be pushed the entire time but she loved it. She can only focus on one thing at a time, which is either pedaling, steering or saying cheese for the camera, so she was all over the place.
Playing at the park...
When Daddy got home from school we opened presents. This was a hard year for Dutch, he loves and understands what presents are but doesn't understand why only Maylee got to open them. So he wanted to open all her presents for her. Which she was ok with him helping a little bit. David and I got her a bunch of dress up jewerly, princess shoes, sunglasses and some clothes. And she loved it all. She opened her sunglasses first and had to wear them while she opened the rest of her presents. It was so funny and cute.
Trying on her shoes. It is so funny watching her walk in them.
Blowing out her candles...
Maylee wasn't very sure about her Tinkerbell dress. When we got home from the park we tried putting it on her but she literally freaked out. You would have thought the dress was attacking her from the way she reacted when we tried to get her to wear it. Well while I was at the hospital on Thursday David put the dress on her and then flew her all around the living room like Tinkerbell and after that she has loved her dress. Now she asks to put it on. She looks so cute wearing it. I am pretty sure she had a great birthday. And I loved spoiling her with gifts. She is such a fun little girl. I am so glad that she is apart of our family. She is wild and crazy, sweet and sassy but I wouldn't want her to be any other way. We love you Maylee Jane!

3 comments:

Britt said...

happy birthday maylee!! my girls got all those same things.. bike, dress up stuff.

don't know if you noticed, maylee's 'pinkie' is showing in one of those pics.

Breezy Skye said...

Thanks Britt for the heads up. I deleted that picture.

jadie said...

happy birthday maylee!! you are getting so big!! hope you had a fun day!!! we love you!!! you are so darling!!!