Tuesday, February 2, 2010
Potty Training Update
So I started potty training Maylee yesterday just like I said I was going to. And it was a very long day. Not once did she go to the bathroom on the potty. But I told myself I would go til Friday before giving up, so when we woke up this morning we started in on it again. She hadn't gone all morning and I knew she needed to. Well my upstairs bathroom was in desperate need of a good cleaning so I locked her in there with me. I had the potty chair set up and the potty ring on the big toilet. And after 45 minutes she peed all over the rug. Then about 20 minutes later she had a poo accident and it doesn't even phase her. I was so done. I decided I was not going to do this anymore, what was I thinking. So I decided after she woke up from her nap I would have the potties put away and I wouldn't even mention it again until March 1st and then we would try again. I just couldn't do it anymore. She obviously isn't ready. So then about a half an hour before her nap, right after I had fed the kids lunch, I sat down on the couch to eat my very delicious grapefruit, when I noticed that Maylee was sitting on the potty. I walked over there and to my surprise she was going pee pee. Lets just say I was a little over dramatic on my excitement. I praised her, gave her candy and would not stop telling her over and over again what a good little girl she was. That was enough encouragement for me to keep going til Friday. Now I knew that it was clicking a little bit. So I put her down for her nap and when she woke up she used the potty two more times, no more accidents for today. So I think we are finally on the right track. I'm just hoping that when she wakes up in the morning that she remembers that she can use the potty. I sure there are still plenty of accidents in the very near future but at least she gave me the encouragement I needed to keep going.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
YAY! That is so exciting! I hope things are still going well with you! Good luck!
that's awesome! I hope she keeps it up for you!
Post a Comment