Sunday, April 4, 2010

Easter and one week old

It was great to have Easter one week after Talli was born because it was something fun for Dutch and Maylee that didn't focus on or around Talli. Yesterday after conference we colored eggs with the kids. Its so funny how doing something so simple can be so much fun. They loved coloring eggs. If we didn't watch Maylee carefully enough she would just drop her egg in the cup and we would hear a crack. Dutch on the other hand is very careful and precise about what he does, its so fun to watch their different personalities. And Maylee of course had to be stripped down because we just can't trust that girl around dye. She definitely keeps our hands full, but I wouldn't want her any other way. This morning Daddy had to wake Dutch up at almost 8 o'clock, that is very rare for him to sleep so late. But he went in there and said to Dutch, "Do you know who came to our house." David said he opened his eyes and said "the Easter Bunny" and jumped out of bed. He hardly ever wakes up that happy. So we knew it was going to be a good day. We headed down stairs and found that the Easter Bunny left baskets full of candy and a toy for each of them. Dutch and Daddy each got a Nerf Gun from the Easter Bunny. That is a huge hit. They have been having wars all day long. It is so hilarious to watch and Dutch just laughs and laughs when he gets hit or when he hits Daddy. I'm so excited that he and Daddy have such a fun game to play now. During my nap today, Daddy set up plastic cups and they had target shooting for a long time and then he drew a Lion on my glass door (with dry erase marker) for them to shoot at. Dutch loves it. And for Maylee the Easter Bunny brought her a princess doll. Which she is in love with. Maylee is all girl, she is obsessed with the colors pink and purple, she will only eat the chocolate eggs that are covered in the purple foil. And she is in love with Princess'. The other day her and Daddy looked at pictures of princess' on the computer for about an hour and Maylee loved every minute of it and cried when they were done. They each had a blast hunting for eggs. At one point Dutch's basket got kind of full and heavy so I told him to dump it out by me and I would watch his eggs for him while he finished looking. Well Maylee came over and saw all the eggs in a pile and thought she hit the jackpot. It was pretty cute.
Talli is one week old today. It is amazing how fast time flies once they are here but the pregnancy drags. She is going to be one spoiled little girl and it will be nobodies fault but mine, David, Dutch and Maylee's. But only because we just can't get enough of her and she pretty much never gets set down. I was so nervous the last month of my pregnancy thinking, "what the heck was I thinking, getting pregnant again, now I'm going to have another dependent baby and I really was enjoying that both my kids had gotten to that independent stage." But it was apparently just nerves. Because I love having a little baby again. It is so much fun. She is just so precious, I already can't picture my life with out her. I have the three most adorable kids ever.

4 comments:

jadie said...

talli is so darling!! iam so happy for you guys... what a sweet little addition to your family! love all the pictures... looks like you all adore her already!!! your kids look so cute! it will be fun to see you all soon!! and lets just make a deal right now that as soon as you guys get to az i get to hold talli first:)congrats you guys she is beautiful!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Luna Family said...

Talli is so adorable! She has the sweetest face... I'm glad you guys had a good Easter! Love ya

Jordan said...

Too sweet for words! You have such beautiful children!