Friday, April 23, 2010

I can't believe it's been so long since I lasted posted. Now I understand why people with more the two kids don't post as often, it's a lot harder to find time. We've actually been super busy. The day after Talli turned two weeks old the kids and I headed down to Arizona. Mom and Stormy met us right outside of Kingman and Stormy drove with me the rest of the way to help entertain the kids (we have no DVD player). Talli did great, I only had to stop and nurse her twice and then she slept the rest of the time. Dutch on the other hand was terrible. He pretty much cried the entire time and kept saying, "I want to go to Mimi's house." I kept telling him that we were but he just didn't believe me, he thought that we would get in the car and be there in five minutes, its' been so long that he forgot it was a long car ride. So when we finally turned on Elliot road, where he could see my parents club house, a landmark that he recognized, he screamed really loud, "We did it mom, we did it." I told him, yep we did do it, I told you we were going to Mimi's house. It made Stormy and I laugh really hard. We had a great time down there. Dutch and Maylee of course had a blast playing with Maxx, Jace and Kade. Maylee and Kade played so well together this time, it was so fun to watch them be little buddies. On Wednesday the kids and I met Fawn, Dawn, Jadie and their kiddos at the Zoo. It was so much fun. Dutch and Jackson got along really well and I got to meet Hayes for the first time. It was a lot of fun. Of course I forgot to take my camera, I took pictures on Fawn's camera and then forgot to put them on flash drive to bring home, I'm pretty sure I lost a lot of brain cells after having Talli. On Thursday Maylee, Talli and I headed over to Shuana's house to hang out. I got to meet Shauna's little girl Ashlynn, she is so adorable. It was so much fun to just spend the day with her, I miss having girls nights.
And then Friday all the wedding festivities started. Friday morning I got my haircut, yea!, it needed it so badly. It feels so great to have a cute cut again. And then Friday evening I picked David up at the airport and we headed over to the rehearsal dinner. We left Dutch and Maylee with my parents and took Talli with us. I felt extremely paranoid having Talli around a big crowd of people when she is still so little. I never take my babies out until they're six weeks old, so the wedding really had me on edge. But we kept her covered in her car seat and then I gave her to Grandma to hold, with a promise that she wouldn't let anyone else hold her. So that night wasn't too bad. And the dinner was super nice.
The wedding was on Saturday and it worked out super nice because they didn't get sealed until 2, such a great time. So I got my hair colored Saturday morning, it was so nice, I haven't had my hair colored in a couple of years, it's so fun to have something new done to it. Then we headed over to Mesa and dropped the kids off at Stormy and Spenser's apartment since they live about 100 feet from the temple, it worked out perfectly. The sealing was beautiful, I love going to sealings, I don't remember anything that was said at ours so it's so nice to go and listen to the wonderful advice from the Sealer's. While we were at the sealing, little miss Maylee peed all over Stormy and Spenser's couch. I felt really bad about that, she has been doing terrible still. Then we all headed over to the reception. It was beautiful, everything turned out so nicely for Chase and Jessi. I was on edge and even more paranoid at the reception. We had one really sick person come up and talk to us about two feet from Talli that sent me over the edge. I'm sure there are plenty of people who think I'm crazy for being so paranoid, but hey the way I figure it is, she is my baby, my responsibility and if someone else gets her sick it won't effect them at all, it will only effect her and me, so it's just not worth the risk to me AT ALL. So after that we moved to a table that only had four chairs, enough for our family and then I held Talli the rest of the time under the blanket. As great as the reception was I was grateful for everything to be over and to be able to take my baby away from such a large group. But we had a blast in Arizona. This was the first time that I really did not want the week to end. I just wanted to stay there. I miss Arizona and I miss being by family. I love having my kids play with cousins and it makes me sad every time we have to leave them.
Photos from the wedding day... David and his brothers, minus two... Just remember I had a baby two and a half weeks ago... My mom tried doing a photo shoot with Maylee, she wasn't really cooperating... And Dutch was obsessed with climbing trees The adorable couple... Maylee had a blast dancing with Daddy at the reception, it was adorable. So we had a great time but now we are back home in Nevada trying to figure out a new routine with three kids. Maylee is back in diapers full time. I just couldn't handle it anymore. She has really had a hard time since Talli has joined the family. She has been very angry with me, like I did some terrible thing. She loves Talli, but she is not happy with me. So she is even more of a Daddy's girl then she was before. It seems to be getting a little better, but she is even more ornery, if that is at all possible. And with her new little attitude, I just couldn't handle the accidents. I was going crazy, so now I feel a lot better since she has been in diapers and I'm not constantly finding an accident by stepping in a wet spot. So things have been a lot better in the last day. But we do have to safety pin a onesies on her underneath her clothes in order to keep the diaper on her.
Talli is such a great baby. She has been sleeping really good at night, I'm actually terrified to say that out loud, I'm afarid I'm going to jinx myself. But she really is great, I am so in love with her. It's really fun to have a little baby again. Now the only obstacle is seeing if she can survive Maylee.
Dutch is having a hard time with the "normal" mommy back, instead of the crazy, lazy pregnant mommy. He is really having a hard time with Mommy actually carrying through on my threats instead of just letting him get away with anything. We are all going through a big adjustment. But he is great with Talli and I never have to worry about him around her.
David only has 18 days left of his first year of medical school and then we are out for the summer. I'm super excited about this summer to just play. And to be able to take naps and let Daddy see what it's like to be at home 24/7 with the kids. He is going to go Crazy!
I haven't take very many pictures of Talli, I've slacked off, here is her most recent one.

3 comments:

DeWitts said...

Nice to see that you guys are surviving! There's some fun things going on at the museum so let me know when you're ready for 3 kid outings...(dun, dun, dun)

Arizona Nielsens said...

What a trip!! Pretty brave with such a little one, but I'm glad that everything went well. Make sure to take a break every so often... you're wearing yourself thin!

Cindy Carroll said...

Great post. I really miss you guys. Talli looks so precious in that photo.