Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Talli is one month old today. It seems like she has been apart of our family forever and at the same time I can't believe she is only one month. She is starting to smile, which is so much fun. Of course you only get to see the smile if you are lucky, they are very unpredictable right now. She so far has been an awesome baby and I am still terrified I am going to jinx myself every time I say that. But she is doing a 5-6 1/2 hour stretch at night. She goes to bed at ten wakes up between 3 or 4:30 and then doesn't wake up again until anywhere from 6:30 to 8. It is awesome. And then she takes a three hour nap around nine. I'm just hoping she keeps this up. I can function like a pro if I get this much sleep. And I get to workout every morning while she is napping, I'm one happy Mommy. She is sleeping in her car seat every night. Now some people might frown upon this but who cares, she is sleeping and that is all that matters to me. I lay a big comfy blanket down so she isn't sleeping on the buckles and she loves it. See how comfy she is. Before I forget to do this I wanted to tell how she got her name. When I was about seven months pregnant David finally came down on me and told me I needed to start thinking about names. He said he knows that I have been nervous I was going to lose her, especially after the whole cyst thing but that I couldn't keep putting it off. I was afraid if I picked out a name then I was going to be to attach to her and be even more devastated if I lost her, so I just wouldn't' even think of names. But David told me in a very nice, sensitive way to get over it and to name our baby and let myself attach. Which I was already attach and that is why I was terrified of losing her. So anyways I finally came up with what I thought was the perfect name and you know what David did, turned it down flat. So we went back to the drawing board. And then I came up with another great name, this time David liked it but didn't love it. Meanwhile David had convinced Dutch that her name was Avery. As much as I like the name it is way to popular for me, so pretty much I think David did it just to get me serious about coming up with another name. Anyways so David liked the second name but didn't love it so he started doing spin offs from the name. And that is how he came up with Talli and then he was hooked. He loved the name Talli, I liked it but I wasn't in love. So we kept going over it, and then David was able to convince both Dutch and Maylee that her name was now Talli. I still wasn't sure but I really liked how involved David was with naming her, he didn't have any say with Dutch or Maylee but that is really because he didn't try. So I felt good about letting him name one of his kids. But I still was secretly trying to figure out how I was going to go with my name but let David think it was a good idea. And then all the sudden we were at the hospital and I was delivering and I hadn't convinced David otherwise. And after I had her the nurse took her over to clean her up and I heard David say, "Hi baby Talli" and I thought, "Ok, well I guess her name is Talli." But it totally fits her now and I am super glad that David was able to name one of his kids, and now I have the leverage to name all the rest, haha. As for her middle name Brienne, if you know me well enough you know that is my given name and Breezy has only been my nickname since the day I was born. So I thought it would be cool for one of my girls to carry on my given name.

6 comments:

Britt said...

she is just too cute. i can't wait to see her smiley face.. post asap when she smiles! ;)

Rich and Liz Harris said...

She is beautiful. So happy she's sleeping so much. That's great for you guys.

Arizona Nielsens said...

What a sweet little girl!! We can't wait to meet her soon. Glad that she's sleeping so well for you!

Matt and Megan said...

Ok so our little girls are 2 days apart and my little one is not anywhere close to being that consistent! I want to know your secret!! I am happy with 3 straight hours of sleep but 5-6 would be FAB!! That is awesome!! How do you pronounce her name?

DeWitts said...

Having a newborn that slept that good would be AWESOME! I want to know all your tricks with my next. Oh and it's totally fine that she sleeps in her carseat.

Lacy said...

I never knew that your real name wasn't Breezy. I cannot picture you as anything else. Talli is so cute. I miss having a little baby. Don't miss getting no sleep but miss the sweet baby.