Sunday, July 11, 2010

My mom bought all the grand kids a slip-n-slide to play with while we were in Arizona. David and I had some errands to run one day, so my Mom volunteered to lay out in the sun while Dutch and Maylee played on the slip-n-slide. When we got back she told us that she had to demonstrate how to use it for Dutch and then he never could quite get it. She said it was more like a run and jump for him. So a couple of days later I picked up Maxx, Jase and Kade so they could come and play with Dutch and Maylee on the slip-n-slide. The kids had a blast playing out there. None of them had swim shorts on, it was just four little boys playing in their underwear, and one little girl in a diaper. Dutch still never quite got the concept of sliding, but the kids all enjoyed being throw down it like a bowling pin by David. I love watching the cousins all play together, they have so much fun.
The last Monday night that we were there my family went out to Lake Pleasant for Family Home Evening. The last time I was out there was when David and I were engaged, so it's been awhile. I forgot how much I love swimming in the lake. We had a blast. It was just like old times. We all swam out to the buoy, touched the bottom, laughed, screamed at the spiders, had seaweed fights, ate junk food and just had a good time. This is my Mom and I way out there after having touched the buoy.

No comments: