Thursday, November 18, 2010
Random things about the life with Maylee:
*The other day I realized that it had been a couple of days and I hadn't wiped Maylee from her going poo. The girl is a poo and runner. I sometimes go in the bathroom find poo in the toilet and wonder how long Maylee has been running around without her bum being wiped. Gross, crazy girl!
*Maylee will be doing something that she absoluetly should not be doing, like for instance picking up Talli and then dropping her on her face because she is to heavy. David a few times has said, Maylee stop doing that (whatever it is she was doing at the time), Maylee replies in the most adorable, high-pitch, sing song, innocent little voice, "OK Daddy". David knows she isn't listening at all so he says it again, Maylee stop doing that. Maylee gives the same reply, "OK Daddy." and continues to do what she was doing. Doesn't even miss a beat, by saying OK, it just rolls off her tongue. So David has occasionally said, Maylee do you want a spanken, Maylee replies "Yes Daddy", at which point David and I are both trying not to laugh, even though we are beyond frustrated with her. So David has given her a spanken (not hard, doesn't hurt, just trying to get her attention.) to which she turns around and laughs at David and continues to do what he's been asking her not to do. Seriously, what do we do with this child.
*Maylee's new favorite thing to do is to pretend that she is a puppy. There are some days where she will not utter a single word for hours, she will only bark. When a puppy barks that much I think it needs to be put outside :) The other night while we were having FHE she barked the entire twinkle twinkle little star song.
*It's November it was 60 degrees outside all last week and Maylee stayed in her swimsuit all day every day. She only takes it off to change into her other swimsuit, although she calls it a swimsoup. Pretty cute, but the girl must be freezing.
*After every time Maylee goes to the bathroom she insists on getting a new pair of panties. She has about 15 pairs of panties and yet they're all "dirty" every two or three days. I started hiding them for awhile which was working pretty good and then I get lazy or forget and put them in her dresser drawer and then she has no clean panties again.
*Maylee is OBSESSED with cotton balls. I can't even begin to describe the level of obsession this girl has with cotton balls. But in Maylee's world they are not just cotton balls, they are babies. And the problem with cotton ball babies is they are very tiny and get lost easy. And when Maylee can't find her babies the entire house knows about it. She sleeps with them, pushes them in her stroller, covers them with blankets, eats with them, takes them to the store with us, they are every where. And occasionally if Maylee leaves them to close to Talli, she tries to eat them. Then we have soaking wet cotton ball babies.
*If you tell Maylee that something is a baby she instantly falls in love with it, no matter what it is. The other day Maylee and Dutch came in the house freaking out because there was a cricket on the back patio. So I went out there to look and it and it was just a little tiny one, so I said oh guys it's just a baby. For the next 1/2 hour Maylee was on her hands and knees talking to that baby cricket and falling in love with it.
*The annoying house flies that we all try to kill are referred to as "butterflies" by Maylee and she just tries to catch them, she follows them all over the house and thinks they're so beautiful. The other night after we had put the kids to bed David and I were sitting on the couch watching TV and there were three flies up on the ceiling, we joked that they were trying to get away from Maylee.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Oh, I'm so sorry Maylee likes be a dog!!! I can tell you that it will not get any cuter or less annoying. We had to start making rules about where and when Savannah could be a dog because she drove us nuts! Now she rotates between a dog, a horse (a little more annoying) and a high-pitched singing princess. Gotta love those little girls.
I love hearing about other kids that are compulsive, makes me feel like mine are normal :) Your kids are cute & they crack me up :)
Post a Comment