Saturday, December 11, 2010

Eventful Week...

This has been a very eventful week for our family. First off, Maylee started sleeping in a big girl bed last Sunday. I was very sad to move her out of the crib/cage but she finally mastered climbing out and it was as if she wasn't even in a crib anymore with how often she was escaping, I mean climbing out. So we bumped her up and she has been doing awesome. She doesn't come out of her room anymore then she did in the crib and she is in love with her big girl bed. Plus it didn't seem fair to keep Talli in the uncomfortable orphan crib if Maylee was ready for a big girl bed. So we made the switch last Sunday, now I know Talli can't talk but if she could I think she would be saying, "Thank you, Thank you, Thank you for getting me out of that orphan crib." She sleeps so much better and longer in the more comfortable, luxurious crib.
Talli has been army crawling for awhile now, sitting up on her own when put into the sitting position but she just hasn't been able to get into the sitting position by herself. Thursday morning I heard her chatting away in her crib and when I went to get her guess who was sitting up all by herself. I was so proud of her. Now she crawls around and sits up when ever she wants. She is still army crawling, however, she is showing more interest in trying to crawl on her knees. However it takes way to long to get to where ever she wants to go and she gives up after about 10 seconds and goes right back to the army crawling, I mean why fix what isn't broken, right.
Then yesterday I had the wonderful opporunity to take Dutch and Maylee to a friends house for Dutch's preschool playgroup. So it was just Talli and I for 3 1/2 hours, so we went shopping. I forget how much easier it is to do things with one baby. We made our way over to JoAnns, where I actually got to browse and shop at my own pace. While I was waiting in line for the fabric to get cut, I put Talli down into a huge bin that I was buying for her to play in. She thought it was great and was having a blast when all of the sudden she grabbed the side and pulled herself up into standing position. Way to go Talli! She thought she was pretty hot stuff and enjoyed being cheered for because she just kept pulling herself up over and over. She's getting too big too fast.
Dutch wanted to color yesterday so I pulled out the crayons and paper and let him go to town. After a little while he came and found me and told me he wanted to show me his picture. He then described it to me, "This is the sky and the clouds and down here are the cars driving on the road and this is my name." It's his first picture that he colored that wasn't random scribbles and could actually be made to look like something. I was so proud of him. It's one of those pictures that I'll keep forever.

2 comments:

Cindy Carroll said...

What accomplishments for all 3 kids. Sounds like a good week. I gotta tell ya...the drawing brought tears to my eyes. Silly I know...but it did....I love my grandkids so much. THanks for being such an awesome mommy to them.

Rich and Liz Harris said...

Adorable!