Sunday, January 9, 2011
Another Half Marathon
Yesterday my friend/running partner, Hailey and I ran a half marathon together in Boulder City. It was a lot of fun. A much harder course then my first one. This one was full of hills and elevation change. But it was fun to run with a buddy. Although I kind of felt like crap during the run. I only ran twice since Christmas, so I really wasn't feeling super ready for my race. It's unbelievable how quickly you lose you stamina of running if you take just two weeks off, a little depressing actually :). But I was pretty excited to run and see how well we could do. I'm probably going to reveal to much information right now, so if you don't want to know, stop reading now! About 15 minutes before Hailey picked me up Aunt Flo came to visit, not really the best way to start a race. Especially considering my history, I usually spend the first day down, doing nothing except cramping in non stop pain, pretty miserable day. So I actually felt like crap during the run. I really felt like I was holding Hailey back, which made me feel bad. The last three miles where pretty hard but we finished in still good time. I was pretty proud of our time, we did good and I know I gave it all I could yesterday. We actually finished 5 & 6th in our age group. Pretty cool, we have no idea how many people there were in our age group, for all we know there could have been only 6 people in our age group :) but still it sounds fun to say 5th & 6th. We came in with a chip time of 2:01:05 with an over all pace of 9:15. And I have to say, for as hard as that course was, I felt that our time was pretty awesome.


Our friend Megan came to cheer us on at the finish line. It was fun to have her and Nolan there.
Talli wasn't being the most cooperative when I crossed the finish line, she instantly wanted me to hold her and just kept crying. I knew she was hungry but I kept trying to put it off. First I offered her some water.
Then I got some post finish food and offered her some yogurt, she liked that for a minute and then was done with it and kept crying.
So finally I had to nurse her. Megan had just said to me, wow nursing right after running a race. Then this lady across the street yells out, "Wow look at her nursing right after running a half marathon, that's impressive." Kind of embarrassing since then everyone there turned to look at me while I was trying to discreetly nurse Talli. And I guess David thought it was funny because he decided to catch it on camera.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
You guys totally rock!
Post a Comment