Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Christmas Eve I volunteered all my siblings to run relay style with me while I ran 13 miles, training for my full. We started off at the lakes, Noah, Tara and Spenser ran with me first. Spenser ran around both lakes and then hopped on a bike and stayed on that for the rest of the 13 miles, not the most comfortable seat for that long. Tara ran both lakes then went and got Seth and Noah finished the lakes and kept going with me until he ran a little under four miles and then hopped in the truck, where David took over running for him. David ran four miles with me and then he got back in the truck and Seth took over and ran the last five miles with me. And Stormy got on a bike and rode four miles with Spencer. The last mile has a pretty big hill in it and so at the bottom of the hill, Noah, Spenser and David waited for Seth and I to get there and then we all ran up that last hill and to the finish line together. It was so much fun. I had a blast running with my siblings and having them there. It was awesome and it might be the only time in my life that I can brag about this but after running 13 miles, I was still able to beat them all to the finish line, YAY for me!!! I never thought I would ever beat my brothers.
Christmas morning my kids were not nearly as excited as I had expected them to be. It was like after anticipating Christmas all month long they didn't know what to do. I like bouncing off the walls kind of excitement, they had more of their Dad's enthusiasm, excited but not great at showing it. But they were excited for their gifts. Maylee's favorite gift ended up being the play-doh she got in her stocking and Dutch's favorite gift ended up being a pair of toothless shoes (from how to train your dragon) that my mom got for him. Definitely not want I thought would be their favorite gifts but I'm glad that had a great Christmas. It's so fun to spoil my kids. For Talli we got her a box of Kleenex, I figured there was no point getting more toys for her when she already has a ton of hand-me-downs and I knew she would be more interested in the wrapping paper. But the Kleenex, now that was a hit with her. Talli enjoying her gift later in the day. Some extra highlights from our trip home. Grandma took us all out to lunch at Chic-fil-A. Dutch loved playing with his cousins and sitting at the table with just the boys. One day Maylee was playing in the room we were staying in and when I went to check on her she had dressed herself in... Talli's Pants! Just a tad too small, although I guess they make ok shorts. Daddy also took the kids on one last quad ride before Grandpa sold them. The kids had fun decorating cookies at Grandma's Christmas Party. I might be a tad bit bias, but this is one PRETTY little girl! Mimi and Talli spending some quality time together.

1 comment:

jadie said...

glad you guys had a fun christmas! talli is funny with her box of tissues! cute pictures of your family! it was fun to see you guys! i hope you are all doing great!! everyone looks darling!!