Tuesday, June 7, 2011
Testimony
On Sunday at the start of Fast & Testimony meeting like any normal ward it started out with a BUNCH of little kids bearing their testimonies. But for some reason on this particular Sunday Maylee really notice that other little kids were getting to go up to the front and talk. So about 15 minutes into Testimony meeting Maylee said that she wants to go up and bear her testimony. At first I tried to talk her out of it. Maylee is my shy child when she is in public, at home not so much but in public she just crawls into a shell, so I just 'knew' that she would get up there and bury her head in my shoulder and not say anything. So I told her if she went up she would have to talk really loud and not whisper. So about 5 minutes til the end she still wanted to go up so I took her up there, she enjoyed waiting on the stand for her turn and looking at everyone. When it was our turn I held her up to the mic and before I could even help her she says super loud "family, testimony", So I whispered in her ear after that and she said everything perfectly LoUdlY in the mic. I was so proud of her, I could not believe she did it. It was so very precious and cute. David unfortunately missed it because he was walking the halls with Talli and had no idea Maylee even wanted to go up there. As soon as she was done, like the blond I am I just said into the mic, "I can't believe she did that." Then began bearing my testimony. And I have to say I am grateful that I have a stubborn 3 year old, who sets her mind to something and doesn't back down, because of that I was able to get up and bear my testimony, which isn't something I do very often at all because I get really shy in public, so I really was grateful she pushed me up there.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
aw, i love this! my kids have yet to do it... hopefully one day.
i, too, am shy getting up there. i should, but i just don't! ;)
Post a Comment